'I like you' chapter 9

Now playing :
BIGBANG - IF YOU

"I will demote myself too!" The dark skinned boy shouted with a desperate expression on his face. The team's head coach sighed deeply. "Fine. I'll give him another change. But if he fails again,I will have to demote him"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Aomine walked back to the others with empty hands. "Mine-chin,didn't you go to the convience store?" Murasakibara asked as he stuffed his mouth full of chips. "Ah..I forgot my purse here" "But didn't Kuro-chin bring it to you?" "Tetsu? No,I haven't seen him" "That's strange" The purple head said as Aomine suddenly turned and started to run to find the boy.

Kuroko was sitting on a bench and staring blankly at the ground. He hadn't eaten anything in his break. He had lost his apetite.

Just then he heard Aomine's voice calling him "Tetsu!" He ran to him and as he stopped,he panted hard. "Aomine...-kun? Why did you- Ah..Sorry,your purse" He offered the purse to him. As Aomine took it,he noticed the sad look in Kuroko's eyes. They were more blank and darker blue then usually.

"Tetsu...?" Aomine crouched in front of Kuroko. "What's wrong?" He putted his hands to other's shoulders. "It's nothing" The boy lowered his head so his bangs covered his face.

After a little silence Aomine said "You heard our conversation,didn't you?" Kuroko frozed and soon he slowly raised his face.

"Why would you say something so stupid...?" He quietly asked,making Aomine turn his gaze to the ground. "You wouldn't really do it,would you?"

"I...would" Aomine slowly said. "But why? Why would you toss away your skills and changes because of me? Because I suck at basketball..."

"Tetsu ,no. Like I said back there ,you'll be our savior one day" Kuroko glanced at his friend. "You know that sounds nonsense,right?" "Yeah ,I know. But I just get that feeling" Kuroko lowered his head again.

"Aomine-Kun,why is it so important to you?" "Because...I..Y-Youre my best friend"

Why did Aomine-kun stutter so much as he said that....? His voice almost vibrated a bit. That's not his type of a thing to do.

"Um..Tetsu ,the break is over soon. Let's go quickly to convience store together okay?" Aomine-Kun stood up.

The male quickly turned around as the other stood up as well of the bench. "Aomine-kun.." "Yeah?" "Arigatou" Aomine glanced at the boy and smiled a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The practice game continued. It was my time to show what I was cable to do. Akashi told me a bit of missdirection's tegnique ,what he had realized just now.

As I stood up of the bench ,suddenly I felt like some weird power was growing to me. I didn't know what was this feeling about ,and actually I couldn't even think clearly. Something just told me I could do it.

"What-" Aomine's eyes widened as the ball appeared to his hands with perfect timing. But then he smiled satisfyed and ran trough the court and threw the ball to Midorima ,who did the shot to the basket.

The other players were shocked too.

"Kuroko ,you're now officially in our team in 1st string. You've made that change of yours"

I felt happiness tears coming from my eyes. For a long time...no ,for the first time I was proud of myself.

Finally ,I was in Teiko basketball team's 1st string. I wanted to shout so hard ,and inside my mind I did so.

~~~~~~~~~

It was night ,as Kuroko was walking at the streets with Aomine and the others. Others started to head home ,but Kuroko and Aomine stayed outside for a while.

"Hey let's go sit there" Aomine pointed to the near river. They walked there and sat on the grass.

Aomine layed down for a while as he stared at the stars. I layed down next to him. Then suddenly something popped into my mind.

"Aomine-Kun" "Yeah?" "I'm sorry if I'm wrong ,but tell me...Why have you been acting a bit weird lately? Like when I asked why was it so important to keep me in the team?" I sat up.

As the Aomine-Kun stayed silent,I turned to look at him ,just to find him covering his face with his hands.

"Aomine-Kun...?" "Ah,shit...So you found out" He mumbled as he sat up beside me.

He stared to the river for a while and then he turned his gaze to my eyes.

He stared at them for a while and then he said "I like you,Tetsu"