Chapter Five: ۣۜTutor

ADRIANA KENDRICKS

I'm bamboozled. The professor's leaving and I'm about to let yet another person into my life because I don't get the concept of the project. It's a sunny day.

'Hi,' a girl says to me. She isn't Claire and clearly isn't April.

'Hey,' I reply.

She's cute.

'I'm Mia,' she says.

'Adriana,' I reply.

'I saw you at the party in Brion's house. My dorm's next to yours. Claire and April are my best friends and you are too,' she says.

'I am?' I ask.

'Yeah. Because you're their best friend,' she replies smiling.

I nod.

'Are you busy?' she asks.

'No?' I reply.

'Let me introduce you to everyone at the duplex today today if you don't mind,' she says.

I don't.

I nod.

'My boyfriend has met you,' she says. She's nice.

'He has?' I ask.

'Yes. His name's Beau,' she keeps telling me.

She takes me to the duplex. It's like a second dorm for the girls. I admire that.

I walk in and the first person I see is Ace.

I sit on the couch and Mia starts out with the intro. I get to meet another girl, Marie and her boyfriend, Chase.

I meet Beau too.

Claire's boyfriend is in this time and I get to talk with him.

We're still socializing and when Brion walks in.

Beau's eyes move from my face to his and back. He rolls his eyes.

'I'm fucking going to kill that professor!' he cusses.

'What did he fucking want? I saw him speak with you,' Beau asks.

'I'll be tutoring one Kendricks girl ,' he says.

I feel a knot in my stomach. So, he's IVOR?

That's his surname?

Claire and April look at me.

He doesn't know my surname.

BRION IVOR

I'm almost walking out of my chemistry class when the physics teacher walks up to me.

He literally invites me to his office.

'Ivor,' he says. This guy has never addressed anyone by the first name. I roll my eyes.

'You got straight As in physics in your freshman year and I'm still bewildered because you hardly ever attend classes,' he says.

'Obviously,' I reply.

'Then I suppose you can help Kendricks, freshman and Gynaecology major this year,' he says.

'What the hell?' I ask.

'She's got the potential. It won't cost you anything,' he replies.

I walk out.

Fuck!

I walk into the duplex wondering who this girl is. She'd better not been one of the girls chasing me or I'll fucking dismiss her.

Everyone's talking happily and everything comes to a halt when they see me. I see Adriana. I can't concentrate.