Sam!? - Part 2

At that moment Woods and Matt burst in with bats in hand. They ran to me, checking for injuries and asking thousands of questions. All I could do was stare at the spot where the man had vanished moments before.

"Let's get out of here Sam," Woods said, wrapping his jacket around my shoulders and guiding me to the Tesla.

"Did he hurt you?" Matt asked concerned

I shook my head gripping onto the jacket tighter

"Did he say something?"

My hand started to shake at that. Woods sat me on the side of the back seat, legs hanging out.

"Hey, Sam. it's ok," Matt said, raising his hand to my cheek.

I shut my eyes and flinched away from the touch.

Woods' eyes filled with anger "Sam you need to tell me right now if he laid a finger on you"

"Only my cheek...and shoulders.." I whispered

"I'm going to..!!!" Woods started but Matt cut him off.

"Let's get back to the office" Matt suggested

They agreed that was the best idea so they all got in the car, Woods shutting my door and getting into the front seat.

As we drove my mind raced but the main thing that replayed in my head was "be a dear and don't tell them about this little chat" I didn't know what to do, surely they would want to know what happened eventually. We pulled into the back of Blue Base and we all got out. Matt and Woods led me through the back door and into the building, they must've called ahead because Tanner stood there eyes filled with concern holding a cup of tea for me. I gratefully took it, thanking him, and walked upstairs to the planning room. I sat down knowing Matt and Woods would be right behind me. Soon enough there was a knock on the door.

"Hey... Sam," Matt said opening the door

Woods and Matt walked in and sat down talking my silence as permission. I don't know why they thought they needed it, I was fine.

"So can you tell us what happened?" He asked looking me in the eyes

"Nothing happened. He said some things and left. See nothing happened, I'm fine so you can stop tiptoeing around me" I replied annoyed

Matt and Woods shared a look then nodded.

"Fine but you're not staying alone tonight, is Ryan home?" Woods asked

"No he's got a performance, and I can take care of myself" I Responded, I soon realized I should have just lied and said Ryan was home because Woods' face showed he was not ok with me being alone after today.

"He could be after you, Sam!" Woods explained

"Woods' right, he might try to find you" Matt agreed

"Fine Woods can stay at my place then," I said giving in.

We continued to talk, agreeing that tomorrow we would look through the evidence, and for now, everyone can go home. I went to my car seeing a piece of paper under my windshield wiper, I quickly grabbed it before anyone saw it and read it. Scribbled on the paper read "meet me here at midnight come alone! See you soon Samantha!" I slipped it into my jacket as Woods walked up to me.

"I'm gonna follow you in my car. okay?" He asked me

"Yeah see you there," I said, sliding into the driver's seat.