Sam!? - Part 8

After a few hours of working Bailey came into my office

"Hey Bailey, what's up?" I said turning to her

"Um there's a package for you," she said handing me a small box

"Can you close the door, Bailey?" I asked, eyeing the symbol on the tape... syntec.

She quickly closed the door and walked back to my desk.

I opened the box and it was empty except for a note.

Hi Sam,

I believe you have made a friend. Hello Bailey, I heard you're joining our side. As you know Sam had a special task for me. Please put the contents in this box then place the box exactly 30 feet from the back of the blue base at 3:00 sharp. Don't be late. See you soon friends. Welcome to Syntec!....

I knew he would find out about Bailey but not this fast. I looked at the time and saw it was 2:45. I opened my drawer taking out the knife, gently placed it in the box, and sealed it. I handed Bailey the box and we walked downstairs and to the back door. But of course, someone just had to be there. Why can't this just be easy...! I mentally groaned. Bailey started to place the box because Woods' back was to us. Once we placed it down we quickly walked back inside keeping the door slightly open so we could see. The clock struck 3:00 and the phantom walked into view. He quickly picked it up then disappeared. We both sighed in relief and turned around to see Quinn. Crap!

"What are you two doing?" he asked

"Nothing we..ah..we.." Bailey tried

"We were planning a prank on Woods," I said quickly

"Oh okay! Let me know if you need help filming" he responded then walked away

5:00 pm getting off work

I started walking to my car but when I got there... He was sitting in my passenger seat. You've got to be kidding me right?! I got in and turned to him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"You have proved yourself, you are ready for our 'initiation'" he said

"What do you mean initiation?!" I asked worried

He pulled up his sleeve revealing an evil syntec tattoo.

"You want me to get that?!"

"Yes you have until this time tomorrow," he said then stepped out of the car and left.

I started to panic. If I get it it will be on me forever and I'll have to cover it to keep it from the boys but if I don't the phantom will know I'm not completely loyal to him. I called Bailey every ring, making me more and more anxious.

Bailey: Hello?

Sam: Bailey?!

Bailey: What's wrong?

Sam: Are you alone?

Bailey: No Woods and Matt are here

Sam: Can you move? It's about.

Bailey: oh! Yeah yeah, hold on.

Bailey: Ok I'm in the bathroom. What's going on?

Sam: He was waiting for me.

Bailey: What?! What does he want?
Sam: he wants me to get an evil Syntec tattoo

Bailey: What? You can't

Sam: But if I don't everyone is in danger

Bailey: I want to make it clear I will support you in whatever you do but this is permanent.

Sam: I know....but I have to

Bailey: I know. Call me if you need me.

Sam: I will

Bailey: and Sam...

Sam: yeah?..

Bailey: Be Careful.

Sam: You know I will, Bye Bailey.

Call ends