Sam!? - Part 9

TW: Breakdown

Woods Pov

"I think we should hang the posters behind the mega desk," I said

"That would look cool, I'll talk to Izzy about hanging them," Matt replied, placing his bag next to the front desk.

All of a sudden Bailey's phone started to ring. I turned toward the sound seeing Bailey quickly pick it up.

" Hello?" "What's wrong?" "No Woods and Matt are here" "oh! Yeah yeah hold on.." Bailey said getting up and rushing off to the bathroom.

I couldn't hear the other person but what Bailey was saying concerned me. I turned to Matt and he had the same look displayed on his face as I did.

"Something is up," I stated

"Yeah, those two have been acting weird. Especially, Sam, she's been all secretive ever since the RV."
"Yeah then Bailey started after we sent her to go check on Sam. what do you think we should do?"

"Let's just keep an eye on them for now," Matt replied, glancing at the Bathroom door.

"Ok, If something is out of place or odd we go to each other immediately"

"Good. I got to go, bye Woods"

"Bye Matt"

We both left, minds still racing.

Sam's Pov Next day 5:30

I stood there waiting. My brain was telling me to be mad, upset, frightened but I couldn't feel anything but pain. Filling my body as the phantom approached. He stood there silent as I held out my arm. He leaned forward staring intently at my arm, satisfied he walked away. What was he playing at?

2 weeks later.

I unwrapped the plastic, staring at the fully healed tattoo. I did it. Oh My God! I DID IT! Calm down, that's a good thing. NO ITS NOT! Yes, it is. I continued to have an internal battle as I stared at the mark on my wrist. Why!!! Why me... I just wanted to scream. To scream at the top of my lungs. To just break down. I tried so hard not to but I have been holding it in for too long. So standing in the middle of the warehouse my body finally gave in and I dropped to my knees, all of the Pain, Guilt, Anger that was weighing me down flooding out of me in one sob-filled scream. Tears poured down my face. I felt weak. For crying, for screaming, for not being able to handle this. And now I was gonna lose everything because of it. I was gonna lose them all... Matt, Woods, Quinn, Tanner, Ryan, everyone.

Each tear hitting the ground felt like a countdown to my fate to my own personal hell, that feeds on my pain, that was meant to keep me in forever, a hellfire-filled prison that I built. I let my body drop to the floor in front of me. And all too soon I hear the thuds of shoes hitting the ground getting louder and louder as they get closer and closer. The dreaded, familiar noise of the door swinging open. The slam of it hitting the wall rang around the room as the thuds of shoes turned into the thundering sound of defeat. This was it, this was how it would end. I thought about how this Stupid project would end every day and never once did I think It would be like this. Never once did I think anyone would betray the team, no matter how many theories said we would. Turns out I was wrong. I could hear screaming in the background. This is it, this is the moment I finished digging my own grave.