THIRTY-SEVEN (Special Chapter)

This part of the story is told through Frank's perspective/point-of-view (POV).

I smiled upon seeing my beautiful wife...I mean, not yet but in a few moments. Actually, beautiful is an understatement. She looks regal like a queen, and immaculate like an angel. I couldn't fathom the exact description, but she's just a breathtaking combination of everything.

She's walking down the aisle in her elegant wedding dress, which is a statement of how conservative and pure she is. Of all the dresses presented to her, she picked the one with the least details and with long sheer sleeves.

Up until now, I'm still in awe that she accepeted my wedding proposal three months ago in Siargao. I thought she'll propose too, for us to be in a relationship first, like for a year or two maybe. I'm willing to oblige if in case she will. But no, she didn't.

Right after that day, we started preparing for the wedding - that's how excited I am. And she willingly participated without any trace of doubt.

I reached for her hand noong nasa harap ko na siya. Shit, what a goddess.

Welp. Sorry, for cursing inside the church, Lord.

I whispered on her ear, "Puwede bang mag-kiss na sa simula?"

Natawa siya nang mahina, then she leaned closer to me and whispered her answer, "Mamaya pa 'yon. 'Pag patapos na."

Bumulong ulit ako sa kanya, "Ibahin natin 'yong sa 'tin. May beginning kiss at ending kiss."

She pinched my arm. "Puro ka talaga kalokohan."

Kung hindi pa nag-"ehem!" ang pari sa harap namin, baka hindi pa kami natapos sa pag-uusap. Parang hinihintay niya nga lang kami huminto, hanggang sa hindi na yata siya naka-tiis.

Nagsimula na ang seremonya. I don't know why but I'm feeling nervous, maybe, this is what they call wedding jitters.

While the priest is transitioning to introduce Chanel, one of my wife's closest friends to do the reading, I leaned close to her again and asked, "Baby, 'pag may bigla bang sumigaw na "itigil ang kasalan!", hindi na talaga itutuloy 'yon?"

"Huh?" She worriedly looked at me. "W-wala naman sigurong magpapahinto."

"Kinakabahan kasi ako," pag-amin ko sa kanya.

She smiled and carefully caressed my jawline. "Hala ka. Relax lang. Kung ano-ano na iniisip mo."

I caught her hand on my face and gently kissed the back of it. "Nakaka-praning pala 'to."

She laughed softly. Again, the priest has to clear his throat loudly to get our attention. Iniisip niya siguro na kami lang yata ang ikinasal niya na walang ginawa kundi magbulungan in the midst of the ceremony.

"Frank and Florence, since it is your intention to enter into the covenant of the Holy Matrimony, join your right hands, and join declare your consent before God and his church," the priest ordered.

But instead of holding just her right hand, I held both instead. "I, Franco Luis Miguel, and please don't mind my three names, am not allowed to say just my nickname."

I heard the people around us laugh, but it's true. It's part of the church's script to say the full name in the wedding vows. But I suddenly thought that moment to not abide by it completely. Bahala nang ma-sermonan ni Father.