III*

// trigger warning: slight sexual assault.//

you stared at the marbled floor below you.
school ended and you were waiting with cherry for your brother. even cherry thought your brother took things too far with his odd overprotective personality towards you.
he pulled you out of cheer, which you didn't know he could do.

he knew bob from school. however, matthew graduated already. the two of them had a few classes together. your brother was popular so it was no surprise everyone was fond of you. you would never admit it, you hated it.
once cherry saw the infamous red mustang pull up she tapped your shoulder.
"your brother, y/n" she whispered. you were quickly pulled from thinking and looked at her, then past her. spotting your brother.
you only smiled at her then walked off.

now at home, your brother did his usual interrogation.
'how was your day?'
'did anyone bother you?'
'who did you see today?'
though, he said something different this time.

"i heard that dallas winston goes there now" he mumbled, standing in the kitchen crossing his arms while staring daggers into the back of your head as you tried escaping.
"it seems so" you groaned.
turning around, leaning on the wall.
"do you have any classes with him?"

"yes. two" you answered.

you could see his eyes narrowing, you prepared yourself for a speech.
"don't let him mess with you, y/n. he's bad news" matthew started.
before he could continue you cut him off.

"dallas?" you laughed, "how do they differ from us?"
"you guys go out looking for them. you go to their turf just for a fight. how could you warn me of him when your friends are capable of doin the same!" you started raising your voice.
very rarely do you get upset, but it's been building up for a while.

ponyboy told you about his good friend..johnny? you couldn't quite remember his name.
he told you about johnny getting jumped by a bunch of socs, leaving his face all scarred.
he said that a guy with rings did it to him.
instantly you knew it was bob, cherry's boyfriend.
you felt sorry.

"y/n, he's a bad guy" your brother protested.
you shook your head, "bob is too." you blurted then left for your bedroom.

"y/n!!" matthew yelled.

by morning, the news broke out that bob was murdered. ponyboy and his friend johnny were wanted.
to be honest, you couldn't believe it. sure, you knew bob but you also knew ponyboy very well.
and maybe bob was asking for it.

he was known for how rude he could be sometimes.
even violent when he was drinking.
cherry hated it but she was also still in love with the guy.

cherry didn't show up to school that day. you were worried but she just lost her boyfriend. you couldn't imagine how she felt.
the school was dismissed early, mourning the death of a student.

at home, you rang marcia.

"hello?" a soft voice answered.

"marcia?" you hummed.

"y/n?"

"yeah, it's me. have you heard from cherry?" you asked.

"i did this morning, she told me she would stay home. why?" she asked.

"i was going to see if she'd like to go out and maybe clear her mind. would you want to join?"

"that sounds great, do you think your brother would let you?" she asked.

"maybe, if you could pick me up. we can all go to the drive-in." you negotiated.

"no, y/n! i've told you." your brother huffed.
"i will be with marcia and cherry. i promise i won't leave their side. you just have to trust me!"

"i do trust you! it's other people i don't." he yelled.
"well...that's really too bad. because, marcia and cherry are picking me up." you stormed off, back to your room.

you would go anyways, cherry needed to clear her mind. you needed a chance to socialize.

marcia arrived, alongside cherry in a red mustang.
you left, going against your brothers wishes.
he couldn't keep you locked up like an animal anymore.

"is matthew letting you come with us?" cherry asked, as you got into the back.
you laughed quietly.
"no, but i'm not letting him keep me in there. he's just going to have to deal with it" you said, getting settled.

"let's go then! this is the first time you've been out in months." marcia smiled.

you smiled back at her, "yeah. let's go".

the three of you sat in the car as the movie began.
truthfully you weren't there for the movie, you three sat around and talked for a while.
quietly of course.

cherry opened up about how she was feeling.
"to be honest, he was asking for it" the redhead started.
"we were here, he was drinking so marcia and i went to the seats. then i made friends with ponyboy and johnny." she paused.
"they caught us walking with them. so, i'm sure bob went looking for trouble. it's my fault" her eyes looked down, clutching her handbag.

"no...don't say that"
you placed your hand on her shoulder for comfort.

"say, why don't i go get us something from concession? a coke maybe?" you offered, cherry looked up and smiled at you.
"sure" she answered.
"great. it's on me" you smiled, looking to marcia who also nodded.

you entered concessions, scanning for what your friends wanted.
you picked up three cokes, popcorn and some candy then started on your way to pay.
you stood in line behind a few people, patiently waiting.

"what are you doing here all by your lonesome?" a voice said.
it wasn't dallas, you turned around seeing someone you didn't recognize.
"excuse me?" you blinked.
"you're here alone. boyfriend made you get stuff for him?" he questioned.

you shook your head, "no. and i don't have a boyfriend so please go away" you turned back to your things. moving up in line a little bit.
"oh, cmon. how about some fun? we can go out, yeah?" he hummed, placing his hands on your lower back.

you stiffened. for a moment you couldn't think. your mind went blank.
was this really happening to you?
"please, don't touch me"
you pushed his hands off your body, moving in line again.

it seemed he didn't like your refusal.
"i won't take no for an answer." he protested. his hands going to your waist, trailing up your back.

"please, stop" you begged, trying to push his hands off of you but he grabbed your arm.

"she said no, pal" another voice spoke up.
you looked, it was dallas.

"this isn't your business, grease"

"she said no, so leave. or we'll take this outside" dallas protested, grabbing the socs arm and yanking him off of you.
"now go" he finished. scaring the soc off.
you quickly paid for your food and left with dallas trailing behind you.

"thank you" you said quietly.
dallas stared at you, smirking.
"no problem. after all, i cant have people messing with my girl." he laughed.

you stopped in your tracks.
"your girl?"

————

a/n:
hi again !! i hope you guys are enjoying the story so far.
this was kind of a filler chapter.
i'm working on more ways to have the reader interact with dallas more.

i'm trying hard to work on the plot more.
i want this to be more about dallas and the reader instead of the readers brother.
still hoping you guys are enjoying !!
xx