V

in a sudden jolt, you woke up.
sweating like crazy, you say you gasping for as much air as your lungs could take.
tears welled in your eyes trying to figure out where you were.
once you realized where you were, you were able to calm down.

it was that heart-wrenching dream again.
you didn't miss it.
you leaned against the frame of your bed, a tear or two strolled down your cheeks.
"it was just a dream, y/n. you're safe" you assured yourself.
by now, it was almost daylight.
you could hear distant sounds from the bathroom.

you knew it was your brother getting ready for work.
he worked on roofing houses.
he started working full time to take care of the house.

you glanced at the clock on your bedside table. you slumped back down into your bed and closed your eyes trying to overcome the fear lingering.

within the next few hours, you woke up again. before noon, thankfully.
you looked at your bedside clock again then pushed the covers off your legs.

honestly, you hadn't planned on meeting with dallas.
you were afraid, but you felt like you owed him for helping you out both times with the soc.

so, you got ready.

dallas was already on his way to the diner.
he was excited yes, but he played it off.
he didn't tell any of the gang he was going to see some soc. he wasn't going to plan on telling anyone until the two of you were to become something.

and truthfully he didn't think you two would.
after sylvia two-timed him while he was in the pound, he had no intention to be with anyone else.
that is until you caught his eye.

he figured with you being a soc, this would end with some other socs trying to jump him.
he almost expected it. but, he didn't want to mess with you. this was simply just to get to know you. instead of being the girl in math class.

by now, you had already picked out what you had planned on wearing.
a nice plaid pleated skirt with a white blouse with a small bow on the neckline.
you usually kept your outfits plain, unlike some other socs in town.

you dressed accordingly. adding any accessories you desired.
you weren't a very fashionable person but you made do.

yes, you were sneaking out while your brother was gone. but how would he know? he was busy roofing houses.

before leaving you grabbed your small hand bang.
you were meeting with dallas winston?

the walk to the diner was pretty far, but luckily it wasn't very hot. the wind was picking up so you had a nice breeze.
plus, you didn't have a car so how else were you supposed to get there?

soon you arrived at the well-known diner, distant music could be heard as you entered.
a small 'ding' from the bell of the door.
you looked over the sea of people in the building before your eyes landed on him.
dallas.

it took you a few minutes to gather the courage to walk over to him, but he also seemed anxious while awaiting your arrival.
with one final deep breath, you walked over.

his eyes landed on you as you began walking over.
all of his worries went away.
you showed. he didn't expect you to.
you flashed him a small smile.

"hey, doll," he said, standing up to greet you.
you nodded, acknowledging him.
"hey," you said back, taking your seat at the booth.
he sat across from you.

"i'm sorry if i was a bit late. the walk here was pretty long" you apologize.
he raised his eyebrow, staring at you.
"what? walk?" he asked, in disbelief.
"no car?"