IV

you fell asleep that night feeling uncomfortable in your own body.
you couldn't sleep.
you still felt his hands on your body.
honestly, you would rather have the nightmare of your parents instead of feeling like this.

you felt ashamed like it was your fault.
it had been the first time you left your house since the accident. and you were touched, maybe your brother was right. it's other people you can't trust. you'll never know what they're thinking.

it's a scary world.

you hadn't talked to your brother all day, he dropped you off at school without saying a word.
you knew he was upset.
hell, you were too.
goin out and putting yourself at risk going in alone.

how could you be so stupid?
you kept blaming yourself.

you didn't even want to go to school that day.
you wanted to go home and sleep or cry.
probably both.
you dressed in a long sleeve blouse, a longer skirt and higher socks.

you wanted to cover everything.

your day went normal as usual.
dallas never showed up to the first block.
you expected that of him.
by lunch, you were still strained. you felt like everyone was eyeing you. though, you knew no one was. it was just your subconscious.

by midday it was lunchtime, you still had no appetite.
you entered the cafeteria searching for your two friends.

"y/n!" cherry called out, waving you over.
you looked to her, giving her a forced smile.
you went over and stood a seat next to the two.
"how are you?" marcia asked.
"i'm okay," you answered quietly.

the two knew something was off, usually, you're a lot more cheery.
marcia and cherry glanced at each other but, refrained from saying anything. it wasn't their business.
you didn't grab a tray, you were wearing something you'd normally wear in the winter. what happened? they wondered.

you sighed, you knew they were looking you down.
"at concessions last night, this guy..he came up behind me. started touching me.." you confessed.
both of them stiffened.
"a grease?"

you shook your head.
"one of us"
cherry looked at marcia, she wanted to know who.
"who?" marcia asked.
you shrugged, "i don't know, he had blondish hair and dark green eyes.."
you looked up from your tray across the room.
"dallas saved me." you finished.

"dallas winston?" marcia repeated.
"that doesn't sound like something he'd do. i mean, he kept brotherin' cherr-"

cherry cut her off.
"why?" the redhead asked.
you shrugged, "i don't know."
you felt like crying again.

"well, well"
the voice sent shivers down your back, whipping your head around and eyes focusing on him.
it was him.
"it seems fate has brought us back together" he laughed.

you stared at him, cherry grabbed your hand.
"go away" you muttered.
"if i don't?" he asked, leaning in.

"you will" another voice announced.
it was dallas. this was embarrassing.
"leave us alone grease." the soc announced.
"no. i don' think so" he fidgeted in place, smiling while looking at the soc.
"you ought to leave her alone." dallas said again, getting in between you and the soc.

"oh yeah, i bet you just got out of the cooler, grease." the guy said.

by last period, marcia or cherry walked you to your classes for the rest of the day.
you were thankful, yet you still felt guilty. it wasn't anything bad, but that hadn't happened to you before. of course, you were shaken up.

you entered the classroom, another day with no pony.
you wondered if he got locked up yet.
while cherry was mourning the death of her boyfriend, you were worried about the grease who killed him.
it felt wrong to you.

ponyboy was too good to be that bad, you knew he wasn't violent.
he too afraid of everything to do that. so, it worried you.

you said goodbye to marcia then entered the classroom.
you took your seat, opening your books and studying again.
you couldn't focus.
why was dallas winston, infamous greaser, sticking up for you?

to be honest, it was never dallas' intention to be there that night at the drive-in.
usually, he'd be out at tim's but after he slashed his tires. they had a pretty bad fight and after dallas needed to clear his mind.
ever since pony and johnny got into that mess, dallas has been a wreck.
he kept waiting..and waiting for the perfect time to head up to that church and get his two buddies.

had he known you were cherrys friend, he probably wouldn't have messed with you.
but he didn't. to him, you are probably the prettiest soc he's ever seen.
when he saw you being touched by that soc, he couldn't describe what overcame him.
he was angry, that's why he interfered.

sure, he'd never admit to it. he would continue to flirt with you as much as he could.
you didn't put up with his tactics.
every time you'd get flustered by one of his nicknames for you.
he loved seeing the way you'd reacted. everything about you was drawing him in.

he was lucky enough to have two classes with you.
why was he in school? he needed the credits for being let out of the cooler.
he had planned on asking you out to the dingo for a coke. but, he knew it was pretty dangers there so he decided for the well known diner in town.

you rested your head on your hand, staring out the window next to your seat. lost in thought.
"hey, sunshine!" dallas called out.

you jumped, turning your head to look at him. watching as he sat down lazily next to you.
"huh?" you asked, a puzzled look on your face at his new pet name for you.

he chuckled.
you noticed he was wearing the same brown jacket the day you met him.
but, he lost the necklace he was wearing. you also noticed his ring, you probably missed it when you first saw him.

which, your first meeting wasn't exactly the best.

"if that soc keeps hangin round ya, let me know." he started, leaning back in the chair.
"it'll become my problem if he keeps messin with ya."

you looked at him, blinking a few times.
"why do you care?" you asked, it probably came off a bit rude but you wanted to know.

"no one should be pickin on anyone. cludin' you" he winked at you.
you looked away, you were flustered.
you didn't have the nerve to fight back with his words.

you were so tired.

class ended, you closed your books and you looked at dallas who seemed to only have a loose sheet of paper out.
maybe he didn't have any book for comin in so late.

as you were about to exit the class room, dallas gently tapped you on your shoulder.

"i uh.. i was wonderin if you'd maybe wanna head to the diner for a coke tomorrow afternoon?" he asked, messing with the ring on his finger.
was he nervous?
you held onto your books for a few seconds thinking.
"i'll think about it" you shot him a smile then walked out of the classroom.
before walking too far you turned back around.
"twelve?" you asked, he nodded.

you didn't want to give him a certain answer, for the sake of your brother.
you met up with cherry and she walked you to your locker.

————

a/n:

i hope this was okay.
i was struggling a little bit with this chapter.
also, i'm gonna try not to give the reader any specific details. i want the reader to put themselves into the character of y/n.

hope you enjoyed. see you in the next chapter !!
xx