XI

at home, you quietly walked in and hurried to your room ignoring confrontation, yet again.
the only thing you could think of was dallas and the gang.
worried about the next ahead.

a rumble?

sure, you've heard of the two sides fighting a lot but never a scheduled date.
it was shocking but you almost expected it.
it was all the town knew, there was a social construct.

you were worried for your boyfriend, you knew he was strong but getting hurt was something that frightened you.
you couldn't stand to see him hurt.

the next morning you didn't hear from your brother.
you knew you had disappointed him. hell, even your parents would be too if they were still alive. but you loved dallas too much.
he's saved you so many times.

sure. he wasn't very affectionate in public, but when it was just the two of you. he never failed to at least hold your hand or wrap an arm around your shoulders.
he knew how to comfort you the best, especially in the short time he's known you.
you loved him, though you haven't told him.

he hasn't said it either.

you had school the next day, so to kill some time you worked on homework or listen to the radio. it's what you normally did, so no need to change your routine, right?
you hummed to something on the radio while lying on your bed reading a novel. it was something ponyboy recommended to you.

he sure did know good books.

pony was a real smart kid. he knew a lot of things most people didn't, including yourself.
anytime he would talk about movies or books his eyes lit up every time, you knew he found joy in those things.
he was a pure soul. you admired him.

you put the book down and got up from your bed, stretching and yawning quietly.
you heard the doorbell ring.
with a sigh, you opened your bedroom door and hurried down the stairs to the front door.
no one usually comes around at this time.

in a swift motion, you opened the door, a gust of wind hitting your face. "yes?" you hummed.
to your surprise, dallas was on your doorstep.

"dal?" you questioned.

"hey, doll". he started, a smirk on his face.
you could smell the faint trace of cigarettes in his breath.
"i was wonderin if you'd wanna hang out before the rumble tonight?" he hummed, his famous smirk plastered on his lips.
you shuffled, then giving him a nod.

"yeah..uh sure. let me grab my coat" you smiled, "come in" you stood to the side so he could enter.

you hopped down the stairs with a jacket over your arms.
you noticed dallas was looking at the pictures your family had put up.
"this your parents?" the hood asked.

you nodded, "yeah." you gave a sad smile.
dallas scanned the pictures, he laughed.
"you look just like your mom." he flashed you a cheeky smile.
you hummed, "thank you, dal"

the two of you walked in town for almost an hour.
he knew everything about you and you knew everything about him. there wasn't much left to say.
usually, he wasn't very affectionate but today, he had his arm either around your shoulders or holding your hand.

everyone knows dallas winston is bad, he's well known for his crimes and bad behavior. yet, you still have a place in his heart. of course, shared with johnny.
you were okay with that, you knew he loved you.
though, the constant stares you would get while walking by his side always made you overwhelmed.