☾✩☽Chapter 2☾✩☽

10 YEARS LATER

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

"Vi! come on!" I heard Kyrus shout from outside the bakery. I closed the book I was reading, I checked my pocket watch, "We're late" I said. I hurried to look out my window. "Come on Vi! we're late!" Kyrus said. "No, You're late!" I said. "Just come on," he said. I got my leather bag. I got out of my room and went downstairs to the bakery. "Morning Vi," Hysteria greeted. "Morning!" I greeted. "Here take it for you and Kyrus," she said, giving me a bag of bread. "Thanks, I'll be back for lunch" I got the bread and made my way out, the street was busy, kids playing, city people selling. "Come on!" Kyrus said, pulling me by the arm. "Slow down now, we wouldn't want to be run over now do we?" I said. He let out a tsk sound. I hurried my walk to walk beside him. Kyrus got a lot taller now, I'm only up to his chest, I mean it's normal we both have grown. We're heading to the castle front, today would be the day 15-year-olds will be tested if they are a moon warrior. They are to drink this special drink called, Liquid Cific. Once they drink this, their powers would show, after then, they would be sorted to which ranking their powers are and would be trained to control them. Over the years, moon warriors grew smaller and smaller, the weird thing about it is that each year a big batch dies, the king's speaker says they died in battle but I wasn't so sure. I grew to not like the king now, he never revealed himself to the public, he never even cared about the Nizoralki army, only his, such a selfish being. "So, do you think there would be warriors this year?" Kyrus asked. I shook my head, "I...don't think so" I replied. 

We walked to the crowd of people. We squeezed in the crowd, we were at the front now, boys and girls lined up in front of the grand gate front. I got the bread Hysteria gave me, I broke it in half and gave the other to Kyrus. We ate the bread as we observed, nothing. I knew it. "I'm telling you, there isn't any," I said, turning to walk away, Kryus followed me. We made our way to Kyrus's house. he opened the door. "Hello Vi," his aunt greeted me as she cooked in the kitchen. "Hello, miss Leicester" I greeted, she smiled. "We'll be up in my room Failla," Kyrus said. Failla is her name, she's the older sister of Kyrus's mom. I followed Kyrus up the stairs and into the narrow hallway into his room. His house was a block away from mine. I threw my bag on his bed as I dropped my body on his bed. Kyrus sat on his desk chair then started drawing his map. "Do you think I'll be a good Cartographer in the Nizoralki army Vi?" he asked as. I sat up as he showed me a drawing of a map. "Wow, yes! look at that" I said. He chuckled. "But do we really have to join the army Kyrus?" I asked. Kyrus sighed. "We've talked about this Vi," he said as he sat beside me. "We're almost 24 and it's the age to join the army. It's the only way we can serve our city and protect the people while there aren't any moon warriors yet" he said. I looked down, what he said was true, our people needed more protection, although the big walls were here, we couldn't risk, the demons might have developed through the years, bigger, stronger. I nodded. He rubbed my back gently. I looked up at the roof of his room. "Do you ever wonder how our parents looked like Kyrus?" I said. He nodded, "I do, I always think how it would be if they never died, well if my mom never died," he said. "My dad was an arse to leave her behind" he sighed. "You?" he said. I looked at him. "Yeah, I'd really ask why my hair is ash blonde" I chuckled slightly, making Kyrus chuckle as well. "I asked Hysteria what they were before, she told me they were farm people, but I have a feeling she's lying I mean. Melantha Chantrea and Ravient Chantrea sounds something more don't you think?" I said, Kyrus nodded as he agreed. "You should just have lunch here," Kyrus said. "Sure," I said. 

Soon we heard his aunt call us for lunch. We made our way downstairs, we sat across from each other. "Thank you miss Leicester," I said as I got the food she made. She sat down with us and we all ate. I felt Kyrus hit me on the leg, I looked at him as I hit him the same time, he looked at me and hit me back, and there we did it again and again. "Stop it you two" Failla chuckled. "He hit me first," I said. He rolled his eyes, and so did I. 

After lunch, Kyrus walked me home. "Thanks, Kyrus, I'll see you tomorrow," I said as I stepped into the bakery. "No problem, see ya, Vi!" he smiled, I smiled back before heading in. "You said you'll have lunch here," Hysteria said. "Sorry, Kyrus invited me to eat there," I said. Hysteria nodded, she looked young as ever, she was as beautiful as I first saw her back at the orphanage. I got upstairs and into my room. I threw my bag on my bed then sat on my desk chair, I look at the window in front of me, I could see the palace from here, white roofs with golden details, glass-domed roofs as well. I wonder how the inside would look like, for sure it would be more beautiful.

I stood up and walked to my bookshelf, I got the book I had before, I secretly got it before leaving the orphanage. I sat back down, I opened the book, revealing the painting of The Enchantress. I glided my fingers on its white hair, how divine she looked like, sometimes I wondered if she is still alive right now, no one ever knew if she died or not. Some said she never came back to earth after she made the moon warriors in her moon, some say she is hiding her true form and is walking amongst the people. 

I flipped the page, now revealing a painting of her great ally and spirit guide, Asmodeus. Such divine creature, powerful being, its scales were white like snow, eyes blue like the ocean. Stories said that the enchantress summons him through her power, no one ever knows where he is. I flipped the page again, now the page filled with darkness, The Dark Witch. She was the woman who started this all, the reason why people are locked behind these walls, she meddled with dark magic, causing to open a portal from the demon realm to our realm. Although the Enchantress locked her up in the demon world, the demons remained, only the Dark Witch could stop this, it is to her they listened. 

I read the book, pages to pages, each showing all the magical creatures of our land. 

                                        ⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆NIGHT TIME⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

I heard a knock on my door, "Vi, dinner is ready" Hysteria said. "I'll be out," I said as I wore my nightdress. I took the pin off my hair, letting my thick hair rest on my shoulders. I opened my door and walked the hallway and into our small kitchen. "It smells good in here Hysteria" I smiled as I took plates out for the both of us. I placed two plates across from each other. I got cups from the cupboard. I purred equal amounts of water. "Come on now, sit," she said. I gave her the water as I sat. 

We started to eat. "Hysteria?" I started, she looked up from her food to me. "Hm?" she said as she lightly smiled at me. "What do you know about The Enchantress?" I asked, she chuckled as she placed her spoon beside her plate. "The enchantress was the daughter of the galaxies, such divine power, people say. She created our beautiful moon. All I can say is that she tried her best to save the people on this planet" she smiled. "Do you think she's still out there?" I said as I looked out the window. "I believe she is, she is watching over us all, silently that is," she said, I looked at her. "Why did she stop showing herself?" I asked. "I heard, that she was hiding from someone, that I don't know though," she said. "And how about her spirit guide?" I asked. A smile appeared on her face. "Asmodeus, stories say, she released him in the oceans, but until now, Asmodeus awaits for its summoner, lurking in the deepest parts of the ocean. But when the time comes he serves a new summoner," Hysteria said. "New? what do you mean new?" I asked out of curiosity. She nodded, "Mhm. There will come a time The Enchantress fades away like dust, turning into a galaxy. That happening is called Ascending, the Enchantress will be gone, and its abilities will be transferred to whoever the galaxies choose, this is why there are humans," She said. "How do you know all this?" I asked. "It's just stories I heard when I was a kid Vi," she said as she smiled before standing up to put her plates in the dishes. I got mine and placed them there too. "Good night Hysteria," I said as I hugged her. "Good night Vi" she smiled. 

I made my way to my room. I got in, closing the door. I got a book and read it. I read until I felt my eyes getting tired, I put the book down before blowing the candle beside my bed. Soon I fell asleep.