11

He noticed. My goodness. I am screaming. Could you listen, of course you can't. But I am over the top in this moment. Never, in my dreams I would have thought of any such thing. Like literally my nails, my riduceld nails, back then, and he cared to notice that and....okay okay. Let me tell you what just happened. Firstly, I was able to talk to him, more than a hi and how are you...that is new for me. Secondly we sat together on a bench, though with a distance between us, but look at the brighter side, it was one bench, that we shared. Don't judge me for jumping around for such small thing. Might be nothing for others, but so much to me. You wouldn't believe that it happened and its not one of my imaginative tale.

So as I have promised you to take you back in time, let me tell you what actually happened when we met for the first time. It was years back, not too long but yes a good amount of period has escaped from then and it is still fresh in my memories, like it just happened yesterday.

I was in my 11th, back in hostel. Every year there was this annual fair sort of things, and for obvious reasons it was all fun and frolic. So in one such fair, he decided to join his sister of course. Back then he wasn't this masculine and manly. His face had a innocence and he was way too cute and adorable. On that day, when we went for the fair, he was with his sister all the time while we had all the fun. It was the ride, the ferris wheel. Though I was scared of course, but there was this enthralling feeling kicking in and the daring will to just give it a shot, so despite being trembling within I put on that brave front, ready for it. And luckily now, but back then I wasn't much happy with the arrangement of me sharing my seat with him. It was four people in one cabin. Ameesha, Riya and Sakshi, were quick to fill in the the cabin, with one occupied and we both were left. Sulking, I along with him, got the next one in the row and seated together, while across us sat, two girls. As it proceeded to the heights, gradually the fear in me kicked back, and I fearing looked down and the next moment I knew was I was clutching his hand tight enough, to leave marks. Don't judge me I was scared and I only knew him there. I heard his chuckle, and I was quick enough to leave his hand and hold on to the metal.

Soon, assuming all the cabins to be filled, the actual ride began. As it moved up, it wasn't scary but the downfall, the body feels light, without an ounce of anything. I swear that day, I really saw god, ready to take me with him. Just letting of my inhibitions, I held his hand tight, and dug my face in his arm, mumbling to just stop that ride than and there. I was going mad. Like insanely scared, it was. I was screaming stop stop stop, but they didn't. But he was so caring to actually hold my hand, assuring me. I hardly cared to notice back than, in the moment of fright, but now as I think, I wonder I was fool. Soon it slowed down, and as I stepped out that horrifying box, I felt everything around me floating and standing on my legs suddenly became so difficult. And he literally held me, by my shoulder till we get down and sat somewhere. Crazy, it was, man.

"Kya kar rhi hai tu itni raat ko?", Sana jumped on her place, at the sudden voice. Turning she found Sakshi, peeking through her duvet with her eyes, not to be called open. The small light from the lamp, brightening the room too much for sleeping eyes.

"Kuch nahi..neend nahi aa rhi thi, toh bas aise hi, likh rahi thi", turning the pen to rest and closing the diary, she informed, and dug back the diray into her bag.

"Don't say, you got your diray here", she was bemused, eyes now open wide at the sight of her putting the diary in the bag.

"It travels with me sweetheart, iske bina mera kya hoga", Sana's dramtic reply made her eyes roll heavenwards.

"But why, abhi kya jarurat hai"

"Because, I kind of need it more now, isliye" , she replied as she moved over to the bed to finally lie down and get some rest. Sakshi looked about for anything unusual or unsettling, but everything appeared to be good and even better, and she sighed as she dozed off.