22

The hall resounded in applauds as the guitar strung to its last tune. Everyone were in praises of him, the singer in the room, Sidharth. Her eyes glint in pride oozing for the beautiful man. She very soon realized that even his smallest conduct made her swell in pride, how she connected to his every thing to herself and connected her to all his things. She was in deep shit with him.

"One more please" Sakshi urged on Sana's insistence. The wish to hear him once again, encapsulated her. Until this day, she was oblivious to his this facet. Him and singing was never in one frame for her. Never had that been in front of her nor has she heard of it. Ameesha never mentioned it in these years, and so she was exhilarated with that unheard flair. The unison of requests for one song soon followed.

"Abhi late ho gaya hai, kal pakka", he didn't want to deny to those requests, but the sluggishness that have him enveloped made it difficult for him to comply to their demands. Being the brother of the bride is tiresome and wearing, no complaints he had, for accomplishing any task or running the errands, but a refill to the energy drained was a must for the human body.

"Kya bhaiya, ek or please....pakka last, tu bol na Sana", this time it was Ameesha, nudging Sana to come and join for the petition.

"Please", she pleaded this time, and he sighed nodding and tuned the guitar, grabbing on the stage for yet another song.

O mere mohalle mein
Chaand jo aaya hai
Eid jo laaya hai
Tu hi toh nahi

Ammi ne meri jo
Suit silaya hai
Khwaab dikhaya hai
Tu hi toh nahi

Haan jiske liye
Dil bigadne lagaa hai
Woh kaun hai, tu hi hai

Jiske liye dil sambhalne lagaa hai
Woh kaun hai, tu hi hai

Door ye kaun hai
Paas ye kaun hai
Khaas ye kaun hai
Tu hi hai

The claps followed soon, with one more of the mesmerizing performance, the beautiful song in his melodious voice was all that could sum up the affair of Sangeet in the best way. Ameesha lunged herself in his arms, embracing him for the wonderful song.

"Wow Bhaiya, agar aap by chance unemployed reh jaate ho I would suggest, you go for this way", and in the response to it, she was gifted with a light smack on her head.

"Jaa, so jaa kar....bakwaas karti hai bas.", Sidharth said, and soon everyone was out of that hall, and towards their rooms. Sidharth was the last one in the row, while Sana walked slow steps to catch up to him. The day has kept them occupied and she hasn't got any chance to have even word with him, after the morning incident. Talking to him, was now becoming the part of her day-to-day ways. Rare it was for her to have a chance to talk to him, and this was one such moment where she has finally got the chance to meet him to have a few words with him, rather to have a conversation with him. Until now she has only thought of these things in her imagination and fancies, never had she had a hope of getting them to turn real. Never. She has believed it to be one way and she was going well with loving him without having the need to see him, without wanting him, without talking to him, and she was until now okay with that. Never had she felt that desire and want to be with him, because she always knew, this, the feelings that she have in her for him was going to be only one way. She has believed that this was never ever getting any reciprocation, and she has accepted that happily.

But now, this time, the few days that she was bestowed by the one above, she has been used to his presence in this short period. The ten days, mere ten days and she has felt her resolve of three years breaking. She has now begin to feel that want that desire of reciprocation towards her and for her. She has suddenly felt the need be around him, to listen him while he talks, to applaud him while he sings, and to just stare at him while he is around. Those muscular and sinewy arms, she wanted them around her, enveloping her in that warmth, she has wanted to have his touch on her in the most soulful way, not the illicit way, but just a touch of love, to her. Despite being aware of the abyss of loneliness and the maelstrom of wretchedness that would follow, leaving this gift wasn't in her hands. Happily she was ready to grab the burning coal just to feel the warmth, before it would leave her burning and in blisters and boils. The diary, that has held all her emotions, for the meanwhile she was wanting to separate it from her.