52

The phone vibrated again, taking away his attention from his work to his phone that has decided to just not to be at rest. He turned to see who it was, and to his dislike it was the same number calling him. It had no name on the ID to reveal who the caller was. He was beyond annoyed now, so he just turned it off and around to not see the screen anymore.

There was a silence for a while, until it rang again. He was now left to ponder who the person could be, because as much as he knew Maahi, she wasn't the person to take someone's ignorance. Thus, if it was her on the other side, she would by now would have stopped calling him, but the phone never was at rest. He decided to see if the person calls again and if it does, he would take that call. It was silent for 5 minutes. He rolled his eyes and sat back to work thinking it was finally over, but the phone rang again, after 5 minutes. It was probably 11th call from the same number. He received the call and walked out to some lonely place to have a conversation and probably admonish the person for the incessant calls. He was annoyed without a question and so was he curious to know about the person on the other end, as he thought it couldn't be Maahi.

"Hello!" the other side reacted as the call was received, and from the voice it was easy to guess it belonged to a female who was not Maahi.

"Hello?" he responded trying to recognize the persons.

"Am I speaking to Sidharth?"

"Yeah?" he was more confused now.

"Hi Sidharth, main Shreya hun..."

"Who Shreya? " as much his memory could retain he has never been in contact with a girl named Shreya, thus someone who was named Shreya was calling him made him frown.

"Main Maahi ki sister hun" he should have guessed it already. This could be no other but her. She wasn't letting him live in peace and be at bay from him. When he needed her, she wasn't around and he is glad that she wasn't but at this moment, now all he wanted was to be as away as he could be from her.

"Listen Shreya, tell her to stay away from me. This wouldn't help. I am over her, a long time back and I am very happy." he spoke through gritted teeth with the rage he could feel in him. She hardly affects him anymore, but the continous intrusion in his life was bugging with his sanity, the effect of which would be seen on Sana too. Thus he wanted to stay away from her.

"Sidharth please ek baar meri baat sun lo... Please. She hasn't asked me to call. Its me. I can't see her how she being all this while. Jab bhi poochti hun kya hua all she has to say is that she wants to be with you. Woh na kuch kha rahi na pi rahi....I have let go everything but when last night she tried cutting herself I couldn't help but call you. Please Sidharth jo bhi hua hai use bhul kar start a new with her" she inacted and blabbered all she was fed by Maahi to speak. Maahi believed Sidharth still had some feelings for him and it would just need a stimulus to bring them to the foreground. Thus, she requested her sister to say all this, because this would be the point of stimulus as she belived he cared for her. Sidharth was stunned to know all that. For a moment, he felt the guilt in him to put someone through that but it wasn't  long when he heard the murmurs on the other end. He couldn't make out what the conversation was about but was sure Maahi was beside and probably hearing the conversation.

"Maahi se baat ho skti hai meri?" he asked making sure this was the last time they would be talking for he was sure to make this chapter end once and for all. Not that there was much left but she needed to know that too. Maahi on the other end had a bright smile hearing his wish to talk to her. She was quick to grab the phone and put it off from the speaker mode.

"Hi Sidharth!!" she chirped, literally forgetting the act she has put on to be in sync with the back story that was narrated to him.

"I don't have time for Your Hi's. Mujhe bas ek baat kehni hai.....that I am not someone that you could play with, with such tricks. Itna toh main tumhe jaanta hi hun that you won't cause any harm to yourself for anyone in this world. Or yahi shayad ek achi baat hai tumhare andar. And even you are starving yourself, it won't have any effect on me. I would for the sake that I at one point of time knew you, advice you that don't waste your time and energy on things that are only stupid and illogical. You very well know, you and I don't have anything to connect to. Neither are you my friend nor do I love you...or tum bhi nahi karti ho. I don't get it ki tumhe aisa kyu lagta hai......understand this for once and all, I am over you. You are no body to me and neither am I to you. I am very happy in my life with the one, that I am meant for and that is not you...." he explained his part to her, making it clear that he on his part  was clear in his head and in his actions. His thoughts were congruent with his actions and it included only his Sana in them. She was the crux to his life now. And this was all he had ever wanted.