40

Ameesha burst into laughter reading the message, and Abhiraj who lay beside her, woke up panicking, wondering if she was alright.

"Kya Hua, baby aise Kyun hasi," he asked rubbing the sleep of his still drowsy and heavy eyes. They still needed rest. She turned to him guilty to have disturbed his sleep but couldn't help and share the message, Sakshi had sent.

"Iska message padh kar lag rha hai ISIS iske peeche pade hai," he remarked, at the exaggeration in the message and also couldn't keep the smile away.

"Sana hai woh, apni cheezon ke liye she is no less than one" she said. He shrugged for she looked so calm and composed and not harmful.

"Laga nahi usko dekh kar"

"Toh matlab aise gun wagera lekar ghumti rahegi woh....when it comes to her things she is possessive, like real possessive" he hummed, turning around and sleeping again. The night has kept them quite busy with their shenanigans, and he was still lethargic and weary while she was buoyant and fresh.

Instead of a text, she called her and it went unanswered. She laughed visualizing the message to be true. She called again and this time it was answered on the very first ring.

"Mujhe toh laga tha tujhe abhi tak dafna diya hoga, maine toh confirm karne ke liye dobara kiya, but shit, you are still walking.", she sneered laughing. Sakshi groaned at the jibe.

"Kameeni aurat, teri wajah se hi ho rha hai sab....khud tu aish farma Rahi hai, exotic nights and romantic days, yahan bas tension hai or kuch nahi", she whined. Sana raised her brows asking who it was, to which Sakshi mouthed Ameesha. She nodded and scrolled through her phone. She clicked time and again on the same person's picture in the WhatsApp application, typed out a message too, but didn't send it. She was trying to cut off, from the feeling that was caused by his nearness, and texting him would mean to voluntarily cut yourself and let the cut bleed. The turmoil she was in and she felt was only hers and no one could even come close to understanding it. The whole of her wanted him, but the smallest part of her was pulling her back from the fire. She would have gone with the larger part but the points of the smaller ones were more practical and impactful. She missed her diary because only there she could put her turmoil and be relaxed.

"Maine kuch kiya hi nahi kiya tune hai na....I just gave a suggestion", Ameesha stated, taking herself out of the fiasco which was eventually her sown.

"Yaar aisa mat bol, tu toh mera saath de. Yeh toh mujhe maregi hi", she whispered, making sure Sana hear anything which would grow her suspicion.

"Are chill kar, meri baat hui thi bhaiya se, on the night of my vidaai.....tune kab kiya tha call"

"Around 12"

"Ohh toh meri baat hui thi around 8 or something....main tujhe tabhi call krti par you see I was busy, so nahi bata pay.."

"Abhi bolegi ya nahi?", she asked anxiously.

"Okay, so we had a talk, and he was like going on and on, ki Sana ke saath aisa tha, Sana ke bina aisa ho gaya hai, like I am restless and I was happy around her, at peace. Her smile, it would make me smile...and blah blah...but he was like but yeh pyaar nahi hai"

"Toh kya hai bc, Maata ka Jagrata hai kya, yeh Mata or woh bhakt", she interrupted. Ameesha was yet again rolling in laughter. It was no different than the expected reaction, and even she for once felt how they were weirdly stupid to not acknowledge their own emotions, own reactions, and the reason for their reaction. Exasperated and annoyed she was at one point, that she wanted to smack the two for the childishness they both were playing.

"Tu maanegi nahi, but I felt the same. Yeh nahi ki maata ka jagrata hai but that how stupid he is, and so is she. Like hai toh bol do khatam, but this is us. He has seen and felt only that love, that was with Maahi, and until now he saw it through that prism, that was the paradigm of love for him, and this one was so different from it, that he didn't know where to place, and here, she has her inhibitions. Toh bewakoof toh hai dono, but bewakoofi ka reason bhi hai. So I let it go and told him to think about, to think deeper and freely, without any set of rules or with certain restrictions. Mujhe toh lagata hai ab sab sorted hai, phir aage yeh dono hi karenge jo karenge.....or rahi baat diary ki toh I know my brother, he would definitely read that, and I kind of think its better. Let it come out, let him know him through her, and she would, I believe and pray will get what she deserves in this sphere of life." from the excitement to the sentiments she covered all in her monologue. Sakshi was relieved of one thing she feared, pity and sympathy. She was not in favor of the diary idea because of the same concern but still gave in to it, thinking something.