Prologue

6 years ago  (Blaze POV)

"It's about time Glacier, oh, I can't wait, oh, how much longer must I wait", I said huddled close to my one egg. "I wonder if it will be a boy or a girl. Oh, what do you think that it will look like?"

"I think that it will look like an ice-wing sand-wing hybrid", replied Queen Glacier flatly.

"Well, even if it is a hybrid, it is still my dragonet", I retorted. Man sometimes ice-wings can be so full of themselves, I thought to myself. 

"You know that it isn't good if ether of your sisters find out that you have a possible heir to the throne", informed Glacier, "and I think that we best let me raise it sense it will be born under all the moons while they are all full, and if I raise it in the ice kingdom then it can learn how to fight and defend itself if ever in trouble."

"Well, if you raise my dragonet then you haft to let me see it at least two times a month and what if something happens", I said with concern.

Mmm, was all that Glacier replied with looking at my egg.

Crack, crack, crack.

"Glacier, it's hatching, oh this is so exiting!" I squealed.

Crack, crack, crack. 

The top of the egg fell away to reveal a small, yellow, white, and cream colored dragonet with a ice-wing main, sand-wing sail, and a tail with a barb and ice spikes fused together.

"Glacier my egg hatched and it is a boy", I cried out. "Oh, I think that his name will be ..... Venom."

"Venom? That is not a name that I thought that you would pick", spoke Queen Glacier with a questioning look on her face.

"Well what is wrong with the name Venom?", I asked.

"It just doesn't sound like something that you would name him", Glacier retorted," that is all."

"Well, he is still my dragonet and I will care for him with all the care in the world and beyond", I said to Glacier a little annoyed.

Some time passed as me and Glacier argued over wether he should be raised by me or her. One of her main points being that he could grow up with Snowfall and Crystal, her daughters, instead  of in this stone fortress with no one but soldiers to talk to. 

As me and Glacier started to finish with are argument, a guard came running in. 

"Princess Blaze, Queen Glacier!", yelled the guard in a frantic voice, "A strange looking dragonet walked out the door and is making dragon out of snow!"

"Why would this need to be told to use", inquired Queen Glacier?

"W....well, the thing is that it was like m-magic, they even move like real dragons", stammered  the guard.

My eyes widened from a sudden realizing, my son was not in here. "Were is he, were's Venom!?"

The guard looking alert now asking, "Who is Venom?"

I nearly screamed as I ran out the door of my chamber. I am not going to lose my son, not now, not ever. I ran past all the guards at the door and out into the snow to find Venom was making snow dragons, and that were moving like real dragons.

Glacier walked out after me and at the sight of what my son was doing, sat their with her mouth agape and dumfounded. 

After what seemed like hours I spoke in a soft whisper to Glacier, "He has magic in his blood." All I could do is smile at my perfect dragonet.

Not knowing that he was going to help change the world in a way that no dragon could ever imagine.