Training

(Percy Pov)

I woke up, got dressed and walked outside, as I did I saw Jason looking at the broken truck. I heard Uncle Sam come out the door.
"Is this to remind us of our screw up?" I asked.
"No." Uncle Sam responded. "Wrecking yard only offered me 300 buck for it, you know, frame's still straight and the engine still runs. It's up to you to decide if you wanna fix it." Uncle Sam told Jason.

>>>

(Time skip-after school)

I was at the canyon standing at the edge, waiting to see if anyone would show up. After a few minutes of nothing, I sighed and got ready to jump down but heard footsteps coming over the hill behind me. I saw all of the others standing there.
"Thought you guys weren't coming." I said.
"Yeah, sorry we're a little late. Buses weren't running and there was no cabs." Jason said.
I chuckled and looked at them again.
"Shall we do this?" I asked
We all jumped down into the canyon at the bottom. We all landed perfectly, and walked towards the ship. As we entered the morphing room, Alpha and Zordon saw us.
"I knew you'd get them to come back, Perseus." Zordon said.
The rest tried to hide a laugh at that.
"Your full name is... P-Perseus?" Zack asked laughing.
I looked at him coldly.
"One dam word and I will slit your throat." I told him.
He looked at me and raised his hands in defeat.
"Alright... Perseus." He said laughing.
I walked over to him and punched him in the side of the face.
"Owww!" He screamed in pain.
"Alright, carry on." I told Zordon.
"Okay? You need to follow the three rules to being a power ranger. You must never use your powers for personal gain. You must never escalate a fight. Unless your enemy forces you to. And most importantly, you must never reveal your identity. Ever."
He paused for a little while before continuing.
"To assume you're ranger identities, you need to morph. Have any of you morphed before?" Zordon asked.
"Yes, but only in the shower." Zack said.
We all laughed at that.
"Okay, okay, let's step into the footprints, please." Alpha said.
"Let's try this." Jason said.
"Standing in this circle as a team, you can easily connect to the morphing grid. Do you feel it?" Zordon asked after we had stepped onto the pads.
"Yeah they do." Alpha said.
"I'm feeling partially stupid, but no, not feeling it." I said.
"You need to morph to get your armour." Zordon said.
"I knew it! We do get armour. Percy! We get armour!" Billy said clapping his hands excitedly.
"Cool! When do you give us the armour?" Zack asked.
"You already have it inside you." Zordon said and at this Billy touched his chest. "You bring it out, by connecting to each other. And connecting to the morphing grid. Bury your minds and focus. The power rangers were a legion of warriors sworn to protect life."
"Yes!" Alpha shouted.
"You must be one the warriors." Zordon said.
"Become the warriors!" Alpha yelled.
After a few minutes of us just standing there, doing nothing, we didn't change.
"What? What? Did it work?" Billy asked.
"Alpha 5, why didn't they morph?"
"I don't know sir, it is disturbing, very disturbing. Might take some time." Alpha said.
"We don't have time!" Zordon said.
"If they can't morph, what are we supposed to do?" Alpha asked.
"They will have to train without armour, they need to prepare." Zordon said.
"Without armour? Sir that'll be very painful." Alpha said.
"Take them down to the pit." Zordon said.
"Alright, follow me." Alpha said. "We're going to the pit!"
"Percy, I don't want to find out what the pit is." Billy told me.
"Alpha, what is the pit?" I asked.
"You'll see." He said mysteriously.
After a few minutes of walking we arrived to an large, empty room.
"So. This is the pit. It's nice right?" Alpha asked.
"Alpha 5, begin the training exercise." Zordon voice sounded out.
"Sorry guys." Alpha told us.
"What exercise?" Kimberly asked.
"Chill out dude." Trini said.
"These creatures before you are simulations of Rita's army. They are called putties. To get to her... you have to go through them." Zordon said, as a hologram rock monster appeared a few feet in front of us.
"No,no,no." Billy said.
"Relax, guys. It's a hologram. Like a video game, look." Zack said while going up to the "putty". We all watched it punch him and he flew across the room and hit a wall.
"Strong ass hologram. Not a video game." Zack said.
"This is why you must morph into your armour. If Rita becomes strong enough to build her army, it'll be... the real beginning of the end. Rangers, welcome to training." Zordon said.
"I'm so excited you guys are back." Alpha said.