Learning about each other

(Percy Pov)

As I was leaving the ship, I thought about how I wanted to morph, just to bring him back to life, so I can kill him again.
Once I jumped up to the top of the canyon, I saw the rest, sitting round the campfire, drinking beer.
"What happened back there?" Jason asked once he saw me. As he did, the rest of the guys turned towards me with questioning looks in their faces.
"Nothing, don't worry about it." I told them. They looked unconvinced, but didn't push, which I was grateful for.
After a while, I spoke again. "Billy, how'd you do it? How'd you morph?" I asked him.
"I don't know. I just wanted to stop you and Zack from fighting." He said.
"Like you were stressed?" Jason asked.
"Yeah." Billy said.
We all sat in silence for a while, as the fire cackled and we drank bad beer. Eventually, Kimberly broke the ice.
"You must shed your masks, to wear this armour" she said in a horrible Zordon impression. We all laughed.
"Think only of each other, and the morphin' grid will open to you" Billy said in an amazing Zordon impression.
"Yeah, that's better." Kimberly said.
"Or, maybe it's cause w don't know each other. Maybe that's why we can't morph." Zack said to us.
"Yeah, okay." Jason said sarcastically.
"No, I am serious. Let's do this, for real. Hi, I am Zack, and I am a power ranger." He said jokingly.
"Hi Zack." We all said in unison.
"I live in the Melody mobile home park. It's just me and my mom. And my mom? MY MOM IS THE BEST! But my mom, she's sick. I do what I can... but I'm scared. Sometimes I get too scared to stay the night because I'm she can't make it. And if she goes... When she goes... I got nobody else. And I think being with you guys is good for me." Zack admitted emotionally.
"Let's do that. Let's tell our secrets, it will help." Trini said.
"Okay, I got a secret. I like country music." Billy said.
"What?" I asked laughing.
"Matter if fact, I love country music. And I don't... I don't miss my dad that much, I mean coming to the mine with him was all I had. But... coming to the mine with you guys... it's just as good." Billy told us.
"Yeah." Kimberly said.
"Bigger secret is, why were you in detention in the first place?" I asked him.
"I blew up my lunch box." Billy said.
"What?" Jason asked.
"But it was an accident." Billy defended.
"Of course." Kimberly said.
"My lunch box was in my locker, boom goes the lunch box, in detention goes Billy. But let's not forget that Kimberly Hart was also in detention too, so..." Billy started.
"Not tonight. Skip me." Kimberly interrupted quickly. I raised my eyebrow curiously, but didn't push.
"What about you dude? Why don't you tell us who you really are?" Zack asked Jason.
"Because everyone knows exactly who I am." Jason answered.
"Okay. What about you, Crazy girl?" Zack asked Trini.
"I could tell you anything and you would have to believe me." Trini said.
"Okay." Kim said.
"I'm the new girl. Always. Three school in three years. I like it that way, you know, it's just easier. Nobody ever has to get to know me... and my parents don't have to worry about my relationships." Trini told us.
"Boyfriend troubles?" Zack asked.
"Yeah." She said sarcastically.
"Girlfriend troubles?" I asked curiously.
"My family is so normal. Too normal. They believe in labels. They would like for me to... dress differently. Talk more. Have the kind of friends they want me to have. I don't know how to tell them, what's really going on with me. I never said any of this out loud." Trini admitted.
'Well, it's cool. You with us now." Billy told her.
"Am I? What does that mean? When all of this is over? Are we power ranger? Or are we friends?" Trini asked.
A few seconds went by before I answered.
"Friends."
"What?"
"We'll be friends. I mean, the amount of stuff we've done together. We found the coins together, found the ship together, got our asses kicked by hologram putties together. We'd be stupid not to be friends after that." I said.
"Yeah." Kim said.
"What 'bout you Bossman? Who are you?" Zack asked.
"Well, I'm just the guy who helped ruin Jason Scott's career." I told them.
"Come on. There is more to you than that. I mean, we barely know you, dude." Billy said.
"Yeah, I mean we haven't seen each other in, what? Nine years? I barely know you anymore." Jason said.
I sighed.
"You sure you guys want to know?" I asked.
"Yeah dude." Zack said.
"Alright. Well, when I was twelve I vaporised my math teacher..." I started.
"You what!"
"What!"
"Awesome!" That last one was Zack. The rest of us just looked at him.
"Can I continue? Great. Well, she turned out to be a monster. Demon, leathery wings, ugly ass face and just evil." I started.
After about fifteen minutes later of telling my life story.
"-that's when Luke stabbed himself in his weak spot, killing Kronos." I finished.
They were silent for a few seconds.
"Bullshit." Zack said.
"I'm serious." I said.
"I can prove it." I told them while getting out my two pens. I uncapped them and out came two of the most beautiful short swords. White colour scheme. Dark gold plating. And a dragon's head on the end.