Closure

(Percy Pov-just after he died)

I drowned. That's something I never thought I'd say considering I can breathe underwater. But, I drowned and now I'm dead. And it's all my fault. Rita was right. I was scared. Scared, that my old life will catch up to me. That they'll find me, and make me come back. I didn't want that. I loved my new life. I love Jason, Uncle Sam, Aunt Jane, Pearl, Billy, Zack, Trini and Kimberly. Especially Kimberly. I didn't say anything to her, because I was scared of that too. Scared that she would betray me like AnnaBeth. But, that's not Kimberly. And now I won't get to tell her.
My thoughts were interrupted when I saw a flash of light, my instincts told me to look away. But since I'm already dead, I didn't. Once the flash died down, I saw my uncle Hades standing there, looking at me surprised.
"Perseus, so I wasn't wrong. You di-" He started.
"Died. Yeah. And here's the real kicker, I drowned." I said sarcastically.
"You drowned? That's not possible." He stated.
"It is, when your powers are being blocked by celestial bronze handcuffs who were put on you by a physio bitch." I told him.
"I'm not gonna ask. Let us go." He said.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"Elysium. There doesn't need to be a trial. You've earned it. More than once." He told me.
I looked at him in surprise because I thought he hated me. He grabbed onto me and flashed us to the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Fields of flowers. Big houses. And towns full of people.
"Goodbye, Perseus. I'm sorry and... I'm sorry." He told me.
I nodded in respect at him. I looked back towards the gates of Elysium and started walking through. The gates opened as I got close enough. And as I was walking through, I saw people stop what they were doing and stared at me. They started whispering and pointing. I continued walking and eventually saw someone that made my heart stop. Charles Beckendorf.
"Beck?" I asked. He turned around and his eyes widened and jaw dropped.
"Percy? What are you... why are you here?" He asked in disbelief.
"Well... if you can believe it... I am dead." I told him, with as much sass as I could muster at that moment.
"Hahaha. Same old Percy, come on. Let's go see the others." He told me.
He motioned for me to follow him. I did and we walked through Elysium. As we got further in, I saw more beautiful buildings.
"Charles!" I heard a voice yell.
"Hey dude." Beck said.
The guy came up to us. He hugged Beck and I got a good look at his face. Raven black hair and sea-green eyes. Just like me.
"It's good to see you, my friend. Who's this?" He asked while looking at me.
"Perseus Jackson. Percy, meet Theseus, your brother." Beck introduced us.
"Nice to meet you." We both said at the same time.
We looked at each other and then burst out laughing. He moved in for a hug and I gladly accepted. After a while, we pulled away.
"Well, I have to go. Perseus, the original, is having a drinking contest and I want to beat him." He told us, while leaving.
"C'mon Percy." Beck said. We continued walking and eventually came across a group of people.
"Wait here." He told me.
"Why?" I asked.
"I wanna surprise everyone, don't you?" He asked.
"Good point." I said.
He walked up to the group and they turned around and saw their faces. Silena, Lee, Michael, Pollux, Bianca, Zoe and Ethan.
"You can come out now!" I heard Beck yell. That's my cue. I walked round the corner and saw everyone's jaw drop.
"Percy!?" They all yelled.
"Hey guys." I told them. They all rushed over to me and crushed me in a massive hug.
"Hahahaha. All right guys, you can let go." They didn't just squished harder.
"No seriously guys, let go. Can't breathe. Don't want to die again." I told them. They finally let go and apologised.
"It's alright. So how's everybody been?" I asked sarcastically.
"Shut up dumbass. You are here, which means you're dead. So, you are going to tell us exactly how that happened." Silena said, pulling my ear.
"Ow. Ow. Okay, okay. I will tell you. Just one thing first, are my parents here?" I asked, urgently.
"Uh, yeah. They're round that corner. Third house on the left." Zoe said.
"Thanks." I told her.
I walked off and started walking to the house Zoe told me.
I counted 1 2 3. I stopped, sighed and walked up to the door. I knocked three times. I heard someone walk up to the door and when it opened I saw a mid-forties woman who looked great for her age.
"Hey mom." I said to her.
"Percy!" She said, running over to hug me.
"Wha... how... why are you here?" She asked.
"Hey what's all the noise abou-" I heard Paul's voice start but stopped as he came into the room and saw me.
"Pe-Percy!?" He spluttered.
"Hey Paul." I said.
"What're you doing here?" He asked, as he walked over to hug me.
"Oh, you know, just enjoying being dead." I told him sarcastically.
"You know that's not what I meant." He told me.
"Percy, why are you here?" My mom asked.
"I,umm, I died." I told them.
"How?" She asked, silently crying.
"Can you come see the others? I don't want to have to explain more than once." I asked them.
"Sure sweetie." Mom said. She walked over to us and grabbed her coat. We walked out the door and back to the others.
"Hey guys." I said, once I saw them.
"Percy!" They shouted.
"You finally gonna tell us how you died?" Bianca asked.
"Yeah. Sit down." I told them.
They all sat in Zoe's living room, in couches that I didn't see were there. I looked around in confusion.
"Where the hell did the couches come from? Where did the house come from?" I asked, extremely confused.
"Oh yeah, that's how this place works." Zoe said.
"Weird. Anyway, you want to know how I died?" I asked rhetorically.
"Well, here's the thing, and it's a kicker. I drowned." I deadpanned.
"Percy, not funny. How did you actually die?" Paul asked.
"Not kidding. I drowned. I literally felt like my head was exploding." I told them, getting off track.
"Percy! How did you drown?! It's literally impossible for you to drown. You know, son of Poseidon." Pollux said, while gesturing dramatically towards me.
"Yeah, turns out when celestial bronze spike handcuffs are forcefully put on you by some physio bitch, your powers go away. And the others were being bloc-" I started.
"Others? What others?" Michael asked.
"Oh, my ranger powers?" I explained.
"Ranger?" Lee asked.
"Power rangers. Yeah, me and Jason-"
"Jason. Your cousin, Jason?" Mom asked.
"Yeah. Went to live with them when you died. Sorry 'bout that by the way. I'm sorry about all of you."
"Why are you sorry?" Mom asked.
"Well, it's my fault!" I told the, heatedly. "If I had been faster, you and Paul would still be alive. Estelle wouldn't be in a coma. It's all my faul-" I was interrupted by mom slapping me. Hard. I looked up at her in disbelief.
"Owww!" I said.
"Don't you dare! Don't you dare say it was your fault Percy! It's not! It's not your fault we died! I mean, you didn't know that there would be an attack. Percy, you can't blame yourself for things, that are in no way your fault. You have to stop." She told me.
"Yeah bro." Beck said.
"She is right, Perseus." Zoe said.
"Can you continue now?" Bianca asked.
I laughed.
"Yeah, alright. Where was I?" I asked.
"Something about Power rangers?" Beck said.
"Oh right, anyway me and Jason and four other kids found six coins in a mine that Billy blew up. The coins were made trillions of years ago, blah, blah, blah. The morphin' grid, which is connected to the coins, chose us to be the new power rangers. Jason was red, Billy was blue, Zack was black, Trini was yellow, Kimberly was pink and I was white. Apparently, I was also supposed to be the leader. I don't know. Anyway, the psycho bitch, Rita Repulsa, came back to life and wanted the Zeo crystal."
"What's the Zeo crystal?" Zoe asked.
"It's the thing that gave life to the planet. Without it, all life on Earth will die." I told them.
"Wait, what about chaos?" Beckendorf asked.
"Chaos put the crystal there." I explained.
"Where was I? Oh right, Rita wants to create Goldar, some creature of hers that's made of gold. She wants to use him to rip the Zeo crystal out of the Earth, where she'll become a god. The only way to stop her was if we could morph. We failed. Multiple times. So we came up with a plan. Horrible plan. Should've thought it out more. Anyway, we met Rita at the boat yard. Got our asses kicked. She restrained us. Put me in the handcuffs, which removed my powers. Told us about her master plan. Then dropped me in the water. Where I drowned." I told them.
"What about the others? Your friends? Jason, Billy, Zack, Trini and Kimberly?" Bianca asked.
"There gonna have to stop Rita without me." I told them.
"But you don't want that, do you?" Lee asked.
"No! Of course I don't wan that! They're the only friends that I had left! The thought that they might die, because I was t there to help, terrifies me!" I told them.
"What do you mean your only friends? I mean, you got camp halfblood and AnnaBeth." Bianca said.
"No. No I don't." I told them.
"What do you mean?" A new voice asked. I turned around and saw Luke Castellean.
"Luke?" I asked.
"Hey Percy." He said awkwardly.
"Come here, dude." I said while pulling him in for a hug.
"Percy, what are you doing here?" He asked, once I pulled away.
"I died." I told him.
"Ok. And what did you mean when you said you don't have camp half-blood or AnnaBeth?" He asked.
I sighed.
"Zeus banished me. Said I was too powerful. He either wanted me to become a god or I get banished." I told them.
"What!?" I heard from around the room.
"Yeah. And obviously I didn't want to become a god. So... yeah." I said.
"That doesn't explain why you don't have AnnaBeth or camp halfblood at your back." Luke said.
"When I was banished, Zeus wanted to make it seem like I was a traitor. Hermes told Camp-halfblood that I was a spy working for Kronos, instead of you, and that they only just found out the truth." I told them.
"He did that?" Luke asked.
"What about the others?" Pollux asked.
"They believed him." I said.
"Just like that?" Zoe asked.
"Yeah. Just like that."
There was a resounding silence across the room for a few minutes.
"You think about forgiving them?" Beck asked. I just looked at him as if he were insane.
"Forgive them? Why would I ever do that? Those people, who I sacrificed so much for, just turned their backs in me just from one god's words. They believed him so easily. And AnnaBeth, she even called me a traitor, she even accused me of cheating on her with Thalia! How can I forgive them!" I shouted.
"That's not what I meant." Beck said.
"Then what did you mean?!" I demanded.
"Let it go. I mean this is clearly weighing heavily on you. And it's like you're blaming yourself again, dude. It's not your fault, it's theirs. If they turned their backs on you that easily, then they don't deserve you. They don't deserve your loyalty, don't give it to them. Your flaw is so powerful, that even though they betrayed you, you can't let go. They betrayed you man, you shouldn't care about them. If you forgive them, all of your unwarranted guilt and self-loathing. It all goes away." He told me.
I stayed silent for a while.
I was about to respond when I felt a warm felling in my pocket. I reached in and pulled out my white power coin.
"That's not possible." I said.
"What?"
"I'm dead. The power coin should be trying to find someone else. But I still have it, which means-" I started, but was interrupted when a colourful portal opened up.
"Which means you still have another chance." A voice sounded out. I knew that voice. Zordon.
"Zordon? What's happening?" I asked.
"The other rangers. After you died, they brought your body to me, to see if I could help you. I couldn't. Kimberly gave a speech about how you wouldn't want them sitting on their asses while there's a world to be save."
"Accurate." I said.
"And they tried morphing. It worked. They connected to the grid." He said.
"Wait, then why are you here? Shouldn't you be frolicking about. You know, since this brings you back to life." I asked.
"Yes, is should. But there can only be one. You." He said.
"Me? Why me?" I asked.
"You are a much better fit for being the white ranger than I ever was. You need to lead your team." He said.
"But what about these guys? I can't just leave them." I said.
"Go." I heard mom say.
I turned towards her.
"What?" I asked her.
"Go Percy. Your friends need you. We have all of eternity to wait for you here." She said.
"You sure?" I asked.
"Yeah man." Beck said.
I heard a chorus of yes and yeahs around the room.
I sighed.
"All right, Zordon. I'll go." I said.
"Goodbye, Percy." Mom said.
I hugged all of them.
"See you later, guys." I said.
I turned towards Zordon.
"Let's go." I told him and walked through the portal.