Chapter 4.3: The Truth The Lies The Forgotten

You lie back down and close your eyes, hoping that it is all fake. Except it wasn't, a walker appeared out of nowhere, sinking its teeth into your warm and fresh flesh. A groan leaves your mouth before you collapse to the floor and black out for a third time.

You sit up quickly with sweat dripping down your forehead and you whack yourself on the cold hard table next to you.
"Where am I?..." You say whilst clearing your throat and creeping your eyes open. It's not until you look up, you realise that you are still sitting in your damp and now freezing cold basement back at your house. There is no blood or guts over you and a stench of sweat drifts up to your nose.
"JANE! WILLIS!" You shout hopelessly realising that you had never met them. Were they real people? Were there zombies outside? There was only one way to find out.

You slowly stand up, stretching your tense and stiff muscles and head towards the basement door. You creep it open and look left and right, realising that nobody was there.
"Mum?" You say at a moderate volume but there is no reply. You creep to the kitchen, which is empty. You then creep to the front door which is locked. None of it had happened. It was all a stupid dream. Any moment now your parents were expected to come through the front door.

You stand next to the stairs, waiting for their arrival, until you realise that something is wrong, there were no car beeps, sirens or even birds chirping outside. You creep to the front door and turn the handle. You hold your breath and close your eyes.

Open the door: Turn to page 34

Don't look: Turn to page 35

Wait a few seconds, then open: Turn to page 36