CHAPTER 14

Date:

14th November

Time:

10:27PM

Jennie's POV:

Did this man just asked me if I had deceived her daughter? Is he nuts? Did he hit his head or something? 

"Excuse me, Sir?" I asked. Is he for real.

"You didn't deceived my daughter did you?" He asked. 

"Sorry to disappoint you, Sir. But I did not deceived your daughter and have no intentions of hurting her or playing with her. I really love your daughter, Sir. At first when I saw her passing through the crime scene I was interested to her and used my opportunity to talk to her by interviewing her. As soon as we became friends. My feelings grew for her, Sir. I swear my feelings are sincere" I explained. I'm nervous right now bloody hell. I can feel that he can kill me right now.

The man just stared at me. He is literally staring right through my soul. I was shaking, my legs were shaking, the palm of my hands are sweating. I can feel some sweats on my forehead. I'm so fucking nervous. He was staring at me for like 2 minutes, so was I. He then laughed, he fucking laughed so loud. I looked at him with a confused look.

"F-fucking hell!" He was still laughing. I'm just standing here, looking at him laughing. I tried to laugh too.

"Y-you are so serious. I like it!" he was shouting and laughing. I was not shaking anymore when he said that he liked it. It was like a heavy burden is finally gone. I can breath easily now.

"I didn't know Dam-Joon's daughter is like this" He chuckled. He knows him? Of course he knows him.

"You see. Dam-joon was my highschool friend" He smiled. Wait what? He was my father's friend?

"Dam-joon is the ace of our class back then. He was also so fucking serious like you" He laughed.

"By any chance, do you know who's my mother too?" I asked. I didn't get to meet my mom. My father died when he was about to talk about my mother. He promised me that on my 16th birthday. But he died on a shoot out, and didn't survived.

"Of course, she was my childhood bestfriend" He smiled sadly.

"If it's ok, can you tell me the story between you guys back on highschool?" I stuttered. I really want to know more about my father and mother.

"Of course dear. Where do I start. Oh here. It was on middle school. Your mother cried back then. It was funny as hell. She cried because her ice cream fell because I bumped her" He was laughing. I laughed at it too. My mother was cute back then huh.

"Of course I apologized to her and brought her a new ice cream. Her favorite was a milk flavored ice cream." he chuckled. I was shock by that because it was my favorite too.

"I guess I got my tastes from her" I chuckled.

He laughed then continued his story.

"Nothing much happened on middle school, so moving on to highschool. We were classmates, your father fell in love with your mother on the first day of school. It was love at first sight" He laughed.

I'm curious about what my mom looks like.

"Your father keeps bothering me about your mother. I was friends with your father at first day. We clicked and we got the same vibes. I was playing basketball on lunch break then he joined and we became friends, and after that, your father keeps bothering me" He laughed. My father was head over heels by my mother.

"He was begging me to introduce him to your mother. So, I did my job being a good friend" He chuckled. So he was the one who set them up.

"I set them up by a coffee shop. They were seating in front of each other and I'm beside by your father. So I left them and said 'Take your time. I will take my leave now' .  I was being a third wheel so I decided to leave" He laughed. Lisa's father is like a cupid.

"I was happy for them. I really was. We were on senior years. Your father courted your mother for months" He chuckled.

"Your mother was playing hard to get. We were having our exams by then. After exam, he told me he is going to ask your mother to be his girlfriend.  On a dinner date." He chuckled. I swear my father is really a gentleman and a lovely man. 

"Your father even begged me. His plans was the dinner date will be on my place, our mansion's backyard. The preparations lasted 5hours. It was 2pm to 7pm. I lend my formal clothes to him back then, to make him look good" He chuckled. This man's smile is so wide. I can really tell that was a good memory for him.

"I can't explain how does my backyard looks like. It was full of petals of flowers, nice lightings, and a dinner table at the middle. Your mother then arrived. Your father greeted her at the gate and took her to the backyard. I was on balcony of my room. Watching them laugh, eating, exchanging stories. It was not a bother to me. I want to see them happy." 

"After they eat. Your father asked your mother for a dance. That was the cue for me, turning on the music. It was a calming and romantic music, it's good for dancing"

"They were dancing until they stopped. Your father kneeled down, took out a box. No no, it is not a marriage proposal" he laughed.

"That ring was a promise ring. He said a few words. I don't want to say it, it was kind of cringe" He laughed. I laughed it too because I imagined it.

"Your mother said yes of course, they kissed, they were crying. I was shouting at the balcony. Popping the cork of the champagne bottle. They laughed because of my silliness. Your father then said something that made me tear up a little. He was thankful for me, and grateful. He said without me, he wouldn't get to talk to your mother. " he chuckled. Lisa's father was kind and a softie. He is the reason why my father and mother ended up together. I was in tears right now. Can't help being a softie too.

"We had a few drinks. I let them stay at the mansion. After that we always went out, the three of us. It was the best time of our lives. They never left me out, and I had no problems of being a third wheel" He laughed.

"Your father is not a good drinker, but your mother was. Your mom is always taking care of your father whenever he gets drunk. " he laughed. I guess I got my low tolerance from my father.

"There were so many good memories that I can't even count. Let us skip this part. They were married after a few years. Your father proposed to her at a park. They always love simple dates. It was a lovely ring. I was the one who suggested it of course. I was willing to pay for more expensive one, but your father was a stubborn one. He chose the ring that I suggested, a simple diamond ring. It was not expensive, it was neither. It suited his budget. He then thanked me for everything when we bought that ring" He laughed.

"Why come he didn't told me about you?" I asked. I was curious, if they were this close, he could have told me about Mr. Manoban. Is it because Mr. Manoban is dangerous? Does my father know what this man's family do?

"It was on the day of the wedding we parted our ways" I can see the sadness in his eyes. 

What happened back then?

"It was the day I told him about our kind of tradition. The look of his eyes were terrified. But, still, he didn't pushed me away. I was the one who left. He begged me not to go. He says we can still be buddies. But I cant. I left them. My father was not okay the fact that I had close friends outside the circle, and also the fact that your father is a detective." He said.

"I don't have a choice. Your father can get killed, and also your mother. It was for the best" he sighed. I understood him. It was really for the best.

"When my father died. I got the news your mother is in the hospital, giving birth to you. I rushed at the hospital. I saw your father standing on the door, he looked at me with tear in his eyes. He rushed to me and hugged me" he chuckled.

"I got dragged by him when we heard you were out. The baby is out. It was the happiest day of our lives. Until.... your mom died, giving birth to you."