18. 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁

Frankie's POV

An odd smell filled my nose as we entered into the building.

I looked over to my mom to try and see what she was thinking. Her face seemed to say it all.

The place was dingey and run down. There were about 5 other people in the restaurant. I don't know if I would even consider it a restaurant at this point. More like a hole in the wall.

There wasn't anyone at the counter ready to take orders and the other guests were sitting at tables eating.

"I have to admit, this wasn't what I was expecting." My mom commented quietly but just loud enough for me to hear.

"Tell me about it." I said sarcastically.

I saw her taking in the view of the place. A very spectacular view it was.

My mom stopped suddenly and her eyes met mine.

"You sure you want to eat at this place?"

"You were the one that brought me here. It's your choice." I replied honestly.

"Okay well now I'm not so sure-"

My mom was abruptly interrupted by another voice.

"Hola chicas! Welcome to Tammies Tacos. Our special today is $5 for 5 enchiladas. So technically $1 for one enchilada and $2 for two enchiladas. You get the idea. And I will even give you two beautiful lady's a free churro." A man said as he had appeared from around the corner and was now standing at the registers.

"I'm sorry, I think we are going to find a different place to ea-"

"I'll have two enchiladas and I'll take you up on that free churro." I said interrupting my mom and already making my way over to where he was standing.

"Ahh, that's the spirit I like. What would your beautiful mother like?" He asked as he seemed super friendly.

I looked back to my mom. She still seemed uncertain but her feet moved to where I was anyway. That's one thing that I observed about her. How cautious she was. Had she now regretted taking us to a not so good part of town?

"Umm, I guess I will have two enchiladas also." My mom responded to him as she was now standing on my left side.

"Si amiga. And would you also like a free churro?" He asked kindly as he smiled at the two of us.

"Sure, I can pay for them though." My mom said. I looked up at the menu board and realized you indeed had to pay for them.

"No, it is my pleasure. You two are beautiful and you have a bright personality." He said now looking at me and smiling.

"Thank you." I said politely as he now turned his gaze towards the screen to put in the order.

I looked over at my mom. She still seemed a bit tense but her lips were no longer set in a thin line.

"What would you like to drink?" He asked as his eyes were still focused on the screen in front of him."

I thought for a moment as I heard my mom order a Diet Pepsi.

"Ummm, I'll have a lemonade please." I replied after my mom.

"Will that be for here or to go?" He added.

"To go." My mom replied. I could only imagine where she was taking me next to eat this meal. I would give her the benefit of the doubt thinking she didn't want to eat in this somewhat gross atmosphere. The restaurant seemed a bit old and not the cleanest.