Chapter 21

"Yes." I say walking away quietly. I walk to my room and sit on my bed, tears were falling down in my hand. I miss my sister so much. The pain in my chest ached. Carli runs in and jumps on the bed and moves the hair out of my face. "Why are you crying?" She asked in a cute tone.

"Family and boy problems." I respond.

"You should smile more because your beautiful." She said smiling big and I laugh.

I wipe my tears and face her, she pulls me into a hug and gives me a kiss on my cheek. "Life is to short for sorrow...well that's what daddy tells me." She whispers in my ear. Maybe she and my dad are right life is to short. But the things I miss I can't get back like how my sister before she diagnosed with cancer we would go sit in the backyard and play tag or I would push her on are swing set.

Trevor's Pov.

I miss her. I love her. Why am I just sitting here then? My heart is scream to go get her but something is telling me to stay. "Trevor are you okay?" Kian asked knock on the door.

He walks in and I don't bother turning my head to face him. I just stare at the white ceiling. "You know Delilah is a wreck without you?" He questioned me. I sit up and look at him with wide eyes "If she is why isn't she here apologizing." I ask in a rough tone.

"Because she thinks you hate her." Kian says. My heart felt like it fell off a cliff and broke to peaces. Does she really think I hate her? I don't hate her! I'm just hurt. My heart feels like it's banging off of my chest. I got to find her! "Kian do you know where shes at?" I ask.

"I think she's with her father."

"Her father?" I ask confused. Delilah's father left her when she was little. Why would she be with him?

"Where is that?" I ask.

"I'm not sure."

I pull out my phone and text her but she doesn't reply. I felt like I called her a 100 times. What is she doing? Why is she not picking up?"

Delilah's Pov.

"Delilah do you want to come check out my work place with me?" My father asks.

"Sure I'm not busy." I say smiling. I slid on some black heels and follow him to his car. As we get in I flip through radio stations and "Echo" plays and I leave it on. "Who's this?"

"Trevor Moran." I answer.

I look out the window and see we went into a new city. There was huge buildings we past till we stopped in a parking lot in front of this big building. We got out of the car and walked in the building as we walked in everybody eyed me down. Maybe it's because I'm wearing a white dress that comes to my thighs. My dad and I kept walking till we got in his office. "Delilah the reason I brought you here is because I want to offer you a job to be a intern." Omg is this really happening! "Yes!" I yell loudly. "Okay calm down." He says laughing.

"As a intern you will sort out paper and pick up my calls and you will work Monday's threw Thursday's." He says smiling.

"Oh and this is your office." He says leaving the room. Wait I'm leaving in a year how am I going to tell Skye I'm not leaving! No. How am I going to tell my mother! Gosh this is going to be a struggle for me a new job, a new life! This is what I've been waiting for why am I not excited this is the life I wanted right? I walk out of my office and find a door with "Mr.Custodio" on it. I walk in and see him hanging up the phone.

"I don't know if I can take the job." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I don't think I will have somewhere to stay my mother is paying for me and Skyes apartment."

"Delilah you can stay with us." He says.

"Really?" I say excited and he nods.

I smile and walk over to him an give him a hug. I can't believe this is happening! My dream! I walk back to my office and stare out of the huge window view. It looks like you can see everything up here. Something is missing. I just can't tell what. After a hour of picking up calls It was time to leave.

"Ready to go home?" My dad asked.

"Actually I'm going to take a cab." I say.

"Okay see you at home."

I walked out of the building searching for my phone in my purse. I pull out my wallet and grab the money.

"Delilah." Someone says.

"Trevor?" I ask. He walks closer and I run up to him and hug him tightly I never thought I would miss his hugs this much.