PART NINE

2.

Jason, as we know, had yet to out his own secret, however Seth as we also know, always knew what that secret is. Nobody needed to tell him, Seth could feel it, sense it and he was more than alright with what he more than suspected. Jason indeed could tell that Seth knew and could also tell that Seth didn't hate him for this. And with this, something special grew. For Vampires and Werewolves all through history never got along with one another. If anything, there was hatred between both species.

There was no hatred between Jason and Seth, there was however friendship and good friendship at that. Jason was ready to stand with Seth for whatever was coming. Perhaps, if anything, what Jason is may just be of aid to Seth when the time comes just as it also could be a hinderance, but timing would also be of importance, there would be a full moon soon and that would have its own implications for Jason. In times of there being a full moon it is more difficult to control the wolf side.

Just like Seth had trouble adjusting with the cravings from his Vampire side, Jason struggles in times when there is a full moon. But unlike Seth, a mentor is not of any use to Jason. Once he loses control and his transformation takes over then there is pretty much nothing that Jason can do but ride it out.

Usually when he transforms at will, he is conscious of who and what he is, he can control it and remember everything once the transformation reverts back, but during times of a full moon, Jason can black out and when he awakens back in human form, he would have no memory of anything he had done once that transformation has occurred. Sometimes this can lead him to wake up in some strange places.

Now that Seth knows that Jason has his back, Seth wants to be able to return the favour, but there still is an unspoken acknowledgement between the two as to what Jason actually is though if the timing was ever to be right then now would be as good a time as any for that to change.

The first night of a full moon was approaching. It was early evening and the night's dark sky would soon begin to fall. When the group separated Seth followed after Jason. Jason pleaded with Seth to be left alone but that wouldn't be enough to convince Seth to leave a friend at a troubling time. There had been full moons before of course, for this one is the first at a point in time when a special group had become close enough to care so deeply for one of its most recent newcomers.

'I can tell you know what I am, and I can assure you when the time comes, I will have your back, I appreciate you keeping what you know about me to yourself but trust me, I am better off alone right now.'

Jason was being honest and serious, but Seth would only feel all the more helpless if he just walked away.

'Look Jason, I know our kind do not usually get along, but you are and will be putting yourself at risk by helping me, so not only are there things we need to discuss, but you also need to let someone in, and since you ARE going to do just that, then it makes perfect sense that the someone should be me'.

Jason knew Seth was right and Jason really did appreciate the efforts being shown to him despite wanting to be alone.

'Look this upcoming full moon means that I am not quite myself at the moment. I could unintentionally hurt you and I wouldn't want for that to happen.'

'Don't worry my friend, I can handle myself.'

Seth accompanied Jason back to his home. Jason's family obviously all being werewolves would go into hiding during times of the full moon. They had an encampment where they could restrain themselves but, on this occasion, Jason was staying behind; he was committed to helping Seth. He did not want to abandon the group or Seth even with what was coming his way. He would deal with things his way, even if he hasn't fully thought it through.