PART TWELVE

SAVIOUR

1.

A very frightened ten-year-old sat in a corner of a darkened room while in the care of child services. The people he knew as his parents lay dead in a bloody mess back at the family home. For at this moment, Seth no longer had anyone with whom he could call family and he no longer had a place he could call home. This was to be the moment when Nicolas Moore would make himself known to Seth for the first time.

Who is Nicolas Moore? Nicolas Moore is another one of the so very few day walking Vampires left in existence and has been Gabriel Grimmel's right hand man for quite some time.

Now that it is certain, to those who take notice, that Seth is indeed a day walker, or at least a Vampire of some sort, he needs someone to look after him, guide him, train him and help him deal with all that he is, for Seth is to be so much more than a day walker, he may just be that saviour his father, his biological father, hoped he would be. Nicolas Moore was the man to be sent forward to take on such a role and be a mentor to a Human Vampire.

Nicolas claimed to be a blood relative to Seth. Being such a close friend to Gabriel Grimmel, Nicolas was able to provide a DNA sample and when it was compared to Seth's DNA it was determined that they were related. Of course, trickery and charm were used in spades. First and before a claim could be cemented, and only hours after Seth had been taken into care, Nicolas arrived to see him. His presence almost immediately had a calming effect on Seth.

Seth was like a wild animal, a wild child after being found by emergency services. When Nicolas first approached Seth, the child appeared almost catatonic. He held out his hand to the shivering lost little boy sitting in a corner of a darkened room.

'Hello Seth, it is alright ... I am like you, how about you take my hand?'

Seth, after a moment or two did take the hand of the man who stood on front of him, for that man would ultimately become his guardian, his mentor, the man who would show him the way.

***

Not far away from his seventeenth birthday Seth made one of his regular trips to his good friends' final resting place. Still feeling the guilt from Jason's death, even though he had not done anything wrong, Seth sat next to the grave.

'I am sorry my friend, I am in danger, I feel as I am prey to a dark force hunting me down and there is nothing I can do. I cannot run and hide; there is nowhere I can go. There is no escape. I have to just sit and wait its full arrival, yet it is you who lay in the ground. You stood at my side, you came to my aid, and I stood and watched you die.'

A tear rolled down Seth's left cheek as Nicolas stepped up beside him.

'It is not your fault you know, any of what is going on. Your father wanted you to be just as you are. He wanted, still wants peace, not trouble and death. You are special and you have a gift, a roll to play in what will bring different walks of life together, the death of your friend here really helps in bringing things forward.'

'A gift? Nick, I do not feel in any way special right now. I only knew Jason a short time and we had a connection, he died protecting me. You know my father was at Jason's funeral, why didn't he come to me? No one even told me that he was going to be there?'

'Your father not only wants to see you, but he wanted to see what it is that you have. He wanted to see those you know as your friends; in time he will come to you. Right now, there is still a danger. A danger that is growing, your father will do what he can do to protect you as will I and as I am sure your friends will too.'

'I am only too well aware of the danger. I don't want it to cost the lives of anyone else. It is going to have to come and get me. No one else is going to pay with their life for my existence.'