PART FOURTEEN

SISTER'S APART

BEFORE: -

There are those who do not believe in boundaries, those who refuse to accept that just because something may seem impossible that it must be impossible, that it cannot exist. Of course, there are those who naturally believe but there will always be others who won't accept, even when it stares them right in the face.

Goblins and ghouls, unicorns and dragons, Vampires and Werewolves, but what if such things do exist? And what if you were to come into contact with one or more of these entities? And what if there were a reason or reasons for such contact to be made?

Fifteen-year-old Janice stood in darkness, not knowing where she was or how she got there. Janice has always been comfortable with her own darkness, though this. ... She most definitely has her own dark side, but this moment has her feeling somewhat disorientated.

Moments pass and the darkened silence is broken. A light shines off up in the distance and it shines down on one spot in particular. Everywhere else remains in darkness. At a quickened pace, Janice begins to walk towards this light to find it shining down on her twin sister who is on her knees and facing away from her.

'Alice, what have you done?' comes the question from Janice while being somewhat in shock at what her sister is doing.

What is going on? This moment is a very strange one indeed.

Mentally both sisters share their fondness for the dark side though it is usually only Janice who ever shows it. Even in how they dress this is so, Janice with somewhat of a gothic look and Alice with her bright white angelic look. They both always had strong bond, a strong twin connection but right at this moment the connection felt ... broken. So, when Alice turns to look up at her sister with blood dripping from her mouth and down her chin onto her bright white clothing becoming a little less bright and a little brighter both at the same time, Janice couldn't help but react with fear and shock.

The blood Alice is covered in is however not her own, it comes from the body of a man lying lifeless, an unknown man Alice has been and is kneeling over. She had been feeding, she had been drinking for at this point, this moment, Alice was or is not quite the same sister she had always been. Alice had been changed; Alice had been altered.

'Do not fear sister, all is as it is meant to be.'

Janice's eyes open wide as Alice smiles, revealing canine like fangs. Alice turns and continues feeding.

'What the hell is going on here?' Janice asks out loud.

Despite the fact that neither Janice nor Alice are on the move, the distance between them begins to grow. They are moving away from one another without actually moving at all.

'This cannot be happening' continues Janice as all she can do is place her hands over her eyes in hope that when she removes her hands, she will discover that none of this is real.

Either Janice or her surroundings begin to spin. This spinning sensation feels so strange that even Janice herself cannot tell as to if she is moving or standing still. Janice lowers her hands and turns her head to one side. The spinning soon comes to a halt. A voice begins to speak. It is a deep sounding male voice which seems somewhat familiar to Janice while at the same time also being one with which she is sure that she has never heard before.

'Do not be afraid young Miss; you have nothing to fear here.'

The voice seemed to be everywhere and all around all at once rather than it being from any one spot in particular.

'Who are you? What do you want? Where am I?' all questions Janice felt compelled to ask.

'Patients my dear, you will get your answers all in good time.'

'My sister, where is she? What have you done with her?'

'I have done nothing to Alice; she does however need to learn restraint. The connection you both have and will always have will also always be of great importance to you both.'

Images of a tall man begin to run through Janice's head, images of a man with dark shoulder length hair slicked back, a man wearing sunglasses and a dark suit with a red wine coloured shirt.

'Tell me who you are.'

'I, my dear, am Gabriel Grimmel and we will get to meet one another very shortly, very shortly indeed.'

'You are not of this world, are you?'

'You could say that young lady, though I am as much a part of this world as anyone or anything in it is. As I have said all will be revealed in time, though for now you and your sister need to rest and look after each other for your time is coming.'

Once again that spinning sensation returned. Janice closed her eyes and when she opened them, she was no longer standing. She was in a darkened room, one she recognized. Janice had awakened in her own bed and her sister Alice awoke at the same time in her bed on the other side of the room.

'Are you alright sister?' asked Alice.

'Yeah, I am fine, are you?'

'I am fine too. I had the strangest of dreams.'

'Tell me about it.'

'Do you know if we have any black pudding or raw meat of any kind in the fridge downstairs?'

'I am not sure, why?'

'I kinda fancy something with a bit of blood in it for breakfast.'

Thinking for a moment of two Janice asks, 'if I mentioned the name Gabriel Grimmel would you know who I am speaking of?'

'Sister, we are twins after all, it does seem as if we are capable of sharing our dreams.'

As this new day moves on, any and all thoughts of that moment of dream would be forgotten and thoughts of an upcoming weekend away with their parents would take over, a weekend where they could choose the destination or at least believe they are choosing a destination. This particular weekend would be one which would change things forever ...