PART TEN

3.

Both Seth and Jason were late for school. Professor Edwards covered for them. According to him the boys were running an errand for him. When the boys did arrive to school they were met by the Professor.

'I hope that neither of you are responsible for any of last night's mayhem that we are hearing about this morning or had anything to do with the police patrol that are out searching the woods at the moment.'

Jason's eyes opened up and the look on his face was a serious one, he wasn't quite ready to out his own secret just yet, though he felt it may be necessary to do so anyway. He was about to speak when Seth interrupted him, placing his hand on Jason's shoulder.

'What? Who us? Nah, nothing to do with us at all' spoke Seth with a smile on his face while looking across at Jason before widening his smile and looking back towards the Professor.

Professor Edwards looked at both boys knowing that they knew more than they were letting on He wouldn't inquire as to the details, surely the boys would share if either or both felt like sharing. 'Right off with you to your classes'. The professor shook his head as the lads went on their way.

'Boys will be boys, no matter what else they might be.'

Prior to the previous night, Seth had already been having trouble sleeping at night, and with the goings on with Jason added to Seth's lack of slumber. If he weren't struggling already, he surely would on this day and yeah, Seth struggled with staying awake in class. It was also just as well that he had a prescription to wear his sunglasses in class for a condition he doesn't actually have, no one could see the struggle he had with trying to keep his eyes open, but his head movement, well that was another thing. Seth placed his elbow on his desk and used his hands to prop his head up.

Outside, something was coming, and it was moving in quite fast. A dark shadow soon edged its way across the classroom from one end to the other while the teacher continued on with the lesson without showing any reaction to this particular shadow. It was so strange and unique that others must be aware of what was hitting this room but no, Seth seemed to be the only one aware of this darkness which had come over the whole room.

It didn't matter that he was wearing sunglasses, the shadow was clear to see. If light were a voice then what occurred would be the equivalent of that voice dropping more than just one or two octaves.

Seth stood up and walked over to the window. To make things stranger yet, no one acknowledged his movement. Somehow it appeared to be night outside. It was early afternoon so there was no way it could be night. There also were people outside the window on the school grounds. People Seth did not recognize. They seemed to be headed by a tall dark-skinned man wearing dark clothes and a long black leather jacket. He most certainly looked ominous and dangerous.

Staring at this man for a moment or two Seth was calm. That calmness quickly went away when this man stepped forwards apparently focusing on the boy who had come to a classroom window. His eyes, this dark fellow, they began to glow a dark red and when he smiled, fangs also descended. Seth looked around being unsure as to what was happening to him and before he knew it, he was on the floor beside his desk.

He had fallen asleep, and what he had experienced prior to finding himself on the floor was just a dream, though it was something that it felt like more, a pre-cognitive warning perhaps. The other students were laughing, and the teacher stood watching as Seth fumbled his way back to his seat.

'Settle down everyone, and if it we are not disturbing Seth too much perhaps we can continue ...'

'Sorry sir, it won't happen again sir.'