Chapter: 17

"Proposal/Wedding"

Lucas' POV

Hi everyone/readers, I'm Lucas Dave Ferrer. If you don't know me, I am the father of our four children with my beloved girlfriend, who will soon be my Mrs. Ferrer. I just want to tell all of you that I will propose to her in the next 900 minutes, which is equivalent to 15 hours. I am very excited because our children already know that I am going to propose to their mom.

They are also excited because they really want us, their parents, to get married. I am currently at the place where I chose to propose to her. It is under the tree where I first saw her. I caught sight of the young lady reading under this tree, so I decided that this would be the perfect place to propose.

I hope she says "YES," otherwise, I might have to impregnate her again :> Hahaha, just kidding. I know that even though we already have children, there is still a possibility that she may not be ready or may not want to get married yet. I understand that, but I hope she says "YES" to me.

[FLASHBACK, WHEN LUCAS SAW ALYSSA]

I'm heading to my favorite place, which is near the beach. That's why I like it there, and the view always takes my breath away. I have now parked my car and am heading to the tree, or rather, under the tree. I am imagining my future girl who will be here with me, and I know she will like it here because of the view.

Before I go there, I am holding a basket with food, a water container, and of course, a picnic map. "Oops, sorry author, you didn't know that, hahaha." I am now imagining my future girl who is now with me, having a picnic to relax and enjoy our time in my favorite place. I am 100% sure that she will like it here too.

I am now near my favorite spot, and then I saw a little girl reading some of her books. I guess she will be having an exam, which is why she has a lot of books with her. Her hair is pure black, her eyes are light brown, and her skin color is creamy like milk. "Gosh! Lucas, she's just a kid, don't fantasize about her!"

I don't want to disturb the little girl, so for the whole hour, I just stared at the masterpiece that her parents created. I hope I can meet or see her again in the future.

[End of Flashback]

I have sent some people to the place where I will propose to my soon-to-be wife, Alyssa. Right now, I am in the car heading to our mansion to check if everything is okay and if everything is "all set" for this beautiful day.

I have parked outside the mansion so that I don't have to bring the car in and out later. If I could make time go faster, I would want this to be our honeymoon already, of course, with my one and only love, Alyssa.

I entered through a massive door and searched for Alyssa with my eyes. She was currently teaching our four children how to read. Even though she no longer needs to teach them, our kids are already intelligent. Nevertheless, I still see her as incredibly kind and patient, despite her occasional temperamental moments.

"Hi, babe," I greeted her and kissed her on the cheek.

"Hello, where are you coming from?" Alyssa asked.

"I went to Drew's house, babe. You know, his wife is now pregnant," I explained. I didn't want to lie, but half of it was true. Drew is a friend, and his wife is indeed expecting their first child. The age difference between them is notable, with Drew being 31 and his wife only 21. Lucky guy, but hey, we're friends too.

"Really? Jam is pregnant now? I can't wait to see their firstborn," Alyssa said, genuinely excited. She didn't notice that the nanny had already taken the kids to our car, emphasizing our shared ownership of everything.

As I drove, we neared the place where I first saw Alyssa and where I would soon marry her.

Alyssa's POV

The picnic spot is beautiful. Wait, I remember this! This is the tree where I used to read. It's still gorgeous here, and I wonder how Lucas found out about this place.

Why are there scattered flowers and a pathway leading to what seems like a stage with a table and two chairs? There are only two of us, but maybe it's for someone else. Maybe for us? Haha.

While we were eating on the grass, Lucas invited me to the table. I looked at the children playing near the beach with their nanny.

I continued eating because Lucas prepared such delicious food. He just watched me and stood up after I finished, kneeling in front of me. I stood up too, surprised, and he pulled out a box revealing a beautiful, simple diamond ring.

Tears welled up in his eyes as he uttered, "Alyssa, babe, I know it's still early for this since we saw each other again, but please... Marry me? Will you marry me, Alyssa De Castro?"

I cried unexpectedly; I wasn't ready for this now, but I love this man dearly.

"Yes, Lucas! Huhu, yes, babe," I tearfully answered. He quickly put the ring on my finger and passionately kissed me until we ran out of breath.

WEDDING DAY~

Now, the bride is walking down the aisle to the song "Beautiful in White" by Shane Filan.

Not sure if you know this
But when we first met
I got so nervous I couldn't speak
In that very moment
I found the one and
My life had found its missing piece

I am walking towards Lucas, who is in front with Father. My parents and brother are holding me because they insisted on accompanying me to the altar.

o as long as I live I love you
Will have and hold you
You look so beautiful in white
And from now till my very last breath
This day I'll cherish
You look so beautiful in white
Tonight
What we have is timeless
My love is endless
And with this ring I say to the world
You're my every reason you're all that I believe in
With all my heart I mean every word
So as long as I live I love you

The ceremony began, and my parents and brother reconciled with Lucas, as he spoke to them before the wedding. I didn't expect them to come, especially my brother.

Will have and hold you
You look so beautiful in white
And from now till my very last breath
This day I'll cherish
You look so beautiful in white
Tonight

"I love you," Lucas said as I approached him, and my parents and brother took their seats.

You look so beautiful in white
Yeah, yeah
Nananana, so beautiful in white
Tonight

The ceremony continued, and today I become Mrs. Ferrer.