Intro

Hi. I'm Callie. I'm 14 years old and I'm a dancer. I am mostly focused on gymnastics. I want to go to the Olympics. I'll try for the Jr Olympics when i'm 16.
I do bars and floor. Sometimes beam.
"Callie, let's run through your solo routine." Coach Aria says.
"Okay."
I head to the floor.
"Front walkover. Step, turn and flip forward. Handstand forward roll. Back step, back step. Back handspring. Air split across the floor. Aerial. Front walkover, handspring, and flip. Corkscrew! Layout! Step step. Needle! Round off. Turn! Turn! Turn! Walk, walk, walk. Drop! Yeah, there you go." He hands me my water bottle.
"Thank you."
"Callie, you are very talented. I just don't want to loose you as a dancer."
"You won't. Why would you?"
"Your 14. Things in life will come more important."
"I don't think so. Dancing is my life. And are you talking about like a boyfriend or something?"
"Kind of."
"Well, that's not going to happen. No one likes me at my school anyway. And even if they did I'm too focused on gymnastics for a boyfriend." I say stretching me legs out.
"No one likes you? That's a shock. Your pretty."
"I guess people don't see that. They just see that I'm a freak who is too flexible."
"A gymnast can never be too flexible."
I laugh.
"I think your dream is going to happen Callie. You have talent. You are a great dancer. And with the passion you have, you will go far."
"Thank you."
"See you tomorrow for group rehearsal."
"Yeah."
I grab my bag. And walk outside. Schools almost out. The warm breeze feels nice against my sweaty skin. I walk to my moms car and get in the front seat.
"Hi hunny. How was dance class?"
"Great."
"Good to hear."
"Coach Aria says that my dream will probably come true."
"You sure you want to go to the Olympics? Why don't you just be a dance teacher or something?"
"Because that's not what I want to do."
"Callie. Are you sure you want to do this?"
"Yes mom."
"Okay. I just don't want you to get hurt."
"I won't. I haven't had an injury in five years. Knock on wood. I will be fine."
"I'm not talking about that kind if hurt."
I sit up in the seat and look at her.
"You don't think I'm good enough. You don't think I can do it."
"I never said that."
"Your thinking it. And your giving off the feeling."
"I think you can do it. I just don't want you to get there and get brought down."
"It will be fine."
"If you say so."
"I know so."

-I HOPE YOU'VE ENJOYED SO FAR.
Love, K