The new dream

Maybe my dream wasn't to go big and be known. Maybe I just wanted to dance all my life. But look at Nikki, she's still dancing. Even though she's not even 20. But still. Look at Mona. She probably still dances some.
I realized this when I was watching Nikki teach the group. And talk with Mona. The teacher bond. You never loose friends if your a teacher. I will loose friends if I go into the Olympics. I already am loosing friends.
I get into my moms car.
"Hi. How was dance?" Again. Every time you pick me up?
"Good."
"That's good. My little gymnast. Going big."
"What if I don't want to go big?"
"What?" Her voice soft.
"Maybe the Olympics isn't my dream anymore mom."
"When did you change this?"
"Today. While watching Nikki."
"Well, what's your new dream then?"
"Be a dance teacher."
"You know I've always wanted you to be one. But what made you change?"
"I was watching Nikki teach us the group and she always dances with us when she teaches it. And I thought, hey maybe I just want to dance all my life not go big. And I had told Nikki my dream. And she had Mona tell me and I said either or."
"You met Mona?"
"Yeah. Really nice person."
"Oh."
"But that's because Nikki got asked to dance again with Mona and she is going to. So Mona stopped by and blah blah blah. Mona complemented on my dancing. I noticed that Mona and Nikki are really close no wonder why they did so well together as a team. And yeah."
"Wow."
"Yeah. But since I have my new dream. I don't have to worry about being the best of the best. I can just be good. And dance with my kids while I teach them."
"Sounds good with me. You still want to be homeschooled?"
"More time to dance. Of course."
"Fine by me."
"Okay."
I run to my room and took down all my Olympic posters. I rip all me dream notes and letters and stats. And start making new ones. As a teacher.

Anthony walks into my room.
"What happened in here?" He says looking around the room.
"New dream."
"Oh. Swe." He stops mid-sentence. "Wait what?"
"My new dream. I don't want to be in the Olympics. I want to teach. I realized I didn't want to go into the Olympics to be famous. It was to dance all my life. And as I was watching Nikki today I realized that being a dance teacher was actually my dream."
"Wow. Big change there."
"Yeah. But a dream is a dream."