Back to the gym

I finally got the okay to go back and dance. Makes me so happy.
I walk into Rise. Coach Aria waves to me. I head to floor. And stretch. I start small. Cartwheels, bends, walkovers. And I stick all of them. But my front handspring not so much. I groan in frustration.
"Don't push yourself Callie. You just got back."
"I know."
The doors to the gym swing open. Coach Jeremy.
"Well look who's back."
"Yeah."
"Seems like forever."
"It was forever."
"Probably was to you. Since your life is dance."
"Yeah."
"Remember, team 8 tryouts are in two weeks."
"Yeah. Can't wait."
"Just saying, you'll make it. Sarah too."
"Really?"
"Yes."
"You still have to tryout so it looks like I picked you for your talent that day. When I'm picking it for all the years because you belong in level 8."
"Thanks."
"I wanted you last year for God's sakes but you stayed down."
"Sarah was staying down. And I wanted to be in level 7 a little longer."
"A little longer, more like a year."
"Not my fault you have it only two times a year."
"Got to be fair."
"That's true."
The door swings open. Nikki and Daniel. They own Rise and they help level 8 to 10! They are the best dancers in my opinion.
"Hey Callie. Welcome back." Nikki says. Did she just say my name?
"Thanks."
Nikki has been go nationals herself so many times I can't even count. Her teams have been there too. Next year I get the chance of going too. I hope I do.
"Keep it up! Just not too far."
"I won't. But thanks."
I'm so glad to be back dancing. It has been my dream since I was a little girl. And I hated being away. There was no way to be happy because I couldn't dance my problems away or dance at all.