Chapter 4

Ayanna is currently walking with Melissa in the hallway.

"Your dad is more bold than I thought. I'm surprised he even new where the house was. He didn't ask my mom", said Melissa.

"He didn't?", asked Ayanna.

"No. What did he use? Find my friend?", asked Melissa.

Ayanna went to get find my friend app and saw that she was sharing her location with her dad. What she didn't know was that Brian just did that last night. He only found her at the party was because of her car.

"Wow, he's unbelievable", said Ayanna.

"Girl, I feel for you", said Melissa.

Corey walked up to them and Ayanna and Melissa stopped walking.

"Melissa you mind if I steal my baby for a minute?", he asked.

Ayanna tried not to blush.

"Oooh, your baby? You guys are dating?", asked Melissa with a smile.

"Yea", Corey replied.

Melissa hit Ayanna.

"Why didn't you tell me!", asked Melissa.

"Did give me any time to", Ayanna replied.

"Alright class about to start. I need to talk to her", he said.

"Sorry. I'll leave you two be", said Melissa before walking away.

"What's up?", asked Ayanna. "Everything okay?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing with what happened with you dad and all. Seems like he does way to much", said Corey. "And I texted you last night"

"He took my phone. He probably read our messages and everything.", said Ayanna.

"Damn", said Corey.

"I know", said Ayanna.

"...we're still dating right?", he asked.

"Yea. Of course", she replied. "We just...I'm trying to wait until I'm 18 so that I move out. That way we can spend time together and I'll no longer be under his roof or rules. That also involves me getting a job which he doesn't want me to get either. I'm tired of feeling like a caged animal"

"I kind of have my own apartment so I mean like anytime you need to come over and just get a breather, I'm fine with it. You can chill in my room, I can play the game in the living room. It's whatever", he said.

"You have your own apartment?", asked Ayanna.

"Yea. My parents co-signed at the time because of my age and they do pay the rent but I pay everything else with my paycheck", he said. "It was closer to school so..."

"It doesn't feel weird living alone?", she asked.

"Nah. I like it. Better than hearing my parents argue", he said.

"your parents must have a lot of money", she said.

"Yea. They do", Corey replied.

"My mom was a nurse and my step dad was a doctor..I remembered that I used to get all this nice stuff and basically almost everything that wanted", she said.

"What happened? You used the words "was" and "used to" so what happened?", he asked.

"They died when I was 6. Someone kidnapped my mom and Kendrick went to get her but they kill them both", she said.