Chapter 23

Corey called the phone and told them where the girls were but by the time the police got there, Brian took the girls and had already left. Corey is currently in the cabin with Vanessa and Mrs. Mills.

This is crazy", said Corey. "This is my fault. I should've called the police first. I just didn't wanna call them and she'd be okay, you know"

"Corey, this isn't your fault. Her dad is crazy", said Vanessa.

"No, I shouldn't have stopped talking to her. I shouldn't have let her push me away", said Corey. "I just got upset because I felt like she didn't feel the same about me as I did her."

"I can't speak for Ayanna because I don't know her as well as I did when she was young but...most likely she did it to protect you.", said Vanessa.

"Nah...I wasn't the one who needed protection. She was", said Corey. "I didn't even wanna leave her and I did anyways and now we will never know where they are"

Vanessa looked down.

"I just hope she's okay", said Corey.

"She is", said Vanessa.

"And if she isn't?", asked Corey.

"But she is", said Mrs. Mills as she walked over. "Her mom will make sure of that"

"Wait that was her mom? I thought I her mom was dead", said Corey.

"Apparently she isn't...Ayanna said she wasn't and then the person you described sounds like Diamond", said Vanessa.

"Wow. That's crazy", said Corey.

"I know. I still don't believe it because well I haven't seen her in so long", said Vanessa. "But..it's her. It has to be. Now we literally have all the proof we need once we find them."

Corey looked down.

"I don't mean any harm but...forget the proof for right now. I just need to see Ayanna again", said Corey as he stood up. "Excuse me"

Corey walked out of the cabin.

————

Brian is currently driving and Diamond was in the front seat. He didn't drug her because he knew she would be cooperative with him.

"Brian, just please take the girls back home. I'll make them not say anything. Just please take them home", said Diamond.

"So they can go back and go to the police?", asked Brian.

"Brian let's be real. You don't think the police is after you now?", asked Diamond. "I don't care if you're over them or not. You broke the law and you're continuing to break it"

Brian ignored her.

"You don't think that boy didn't go to the police after you shot at him", said Diamond.

"I'll handle him", said Brian.

"Handle him and do what? Brian he's just a kid", said Diamond.

"A kid that I told to stay away from my daughter", said Brian.

"Brian please don't do anything crazy", said Diamond.

"I've probably lost my job by now. First Vanessa and your ex's mom and now this little dude", said Brian.

"See...now they're on to you", said Diamond. "I mean like not about me because I want to be here with you but you did kidnap Zara and Alyssa"

Brian didn't say anything.

"Before you lose your job let's just make things right", said Diamond.

Brian looked at Diamond.