Chapter One: Waking The Drunk Ass

It had been a year, since my betrayal and since her death. Until today, I could still remember how Damian’s looked at me before he died and how the Devil had laughed at my face when Josephine had died of internal bleeding. ‘I said I would stop hitting her that does not mean that I would save her.’ That was what that bastard said. Because of that bastard, I had betrayed my brother but he deserved it! Damian deserved what he got! He was the one that promised me that my mate would have no harm if I helped him. He promised to keep all of us safe, yet, once again, he failed me and every other sibling that trusted him!

Here, I walked into the bar to my only trustworthy brother left in this world. Well, he isn’t a person that you can’t trust your secrets with because half the time he is drunk. Don’t ask me why he is always drunk, because I have no idea.

He had been out for three days and three nights and he is probably still drunk in some bar. Now, as a younger brother, I had to drag his ass back to the old mansion. Under the moonlight, the streets are dark and damp and I kept stepping onto water puddles which made my shoes wet. Why would he choose such a place to live? Of all places, he chooses Norway. Why not Italy or even America? Somewhere dry would be a pretty good idea, don’t you think?

I pushes my way through the bar door and the bar was still filled with people dancing and singing. Girls in their dresses and their thick make up came up to me flirtatiously as they battered their eyelashes at me. It never work, after all, I had once had a mate. Enough! I had to stop this sulking! I pushed pass the girls rudely and found my older brother lying on the bar with his face flat against the table.

You can tell that we are brothers because of our same blonde hair and my currently blue eyes. We both have almost the same features and we had no idea why. Our mothers were never the same mother and our father, the bastard had jet black hair and red eyes so why do we both looked that alike? I really don’t know.

I shook him roughly to try to wake him up but he didn’t even move a muscle. ‘Lucian!’ I shouted his name out a loud that everyone in the room turned to look at me. ‘Wake up!’ I said in Norwegian to hide the fact that we aren’t locals. But Lucian did nothing and continuing to mutter things I have no idea what he was saying in his dreams. That was is, the only way was to do this. I clench my palm into a fist until I heard my knuckles cracked. I lift my fist up in the air and hit hard against his head. Instantly, Lucian bolt up angrily at me. His blue eyes met my ice blue ones. ‘Don’t make me have to freeze you up!’ I said softly enough for him to hear. ‘Come on! Let’s go!’ I said still in Norwegian.

I had to drag him out as he was still half drunk and could barely walk in a straight line. I didn’t know why am I stuck with him now, but it would be better than to go back to Hell and work for that bastard instead. I had no choice, somehow, the Devil needed Lucian’s power to combines Damian and himself together so I had to make sure Lucian stays out of trouble or I would have to work for the Devil himself. Well, secretly, I wanted to take care of Lucian as well. I know that he would never want to combine the Devil with Damian so it isn’t something to be worried about. I only wanted to take care of him now because I had had no idea of where should I go now. Now, that I had lost her. Enough! Stop thinking about it!

‘You’ve got to stop thinking about her! I could hear you rambling over stupid things!’ Lucian said annoyingly in English. ‘What do you know? You never had a mate before.’ I said in a slightly sulking tone because it really hurts inside. ‘Yeah, but I wouldn’t be sulking like you are now.’ Lucian said. I rolled my eyes. ‘Shut up!’ I spat back. ‘Look at this at the bright sight, her death helped you awaken another power inside of you.’ Lucian said cheerily.

Yes, every Damn has stronger power every time they grow a thousand years older. Damian had the strangest yet strongest power between me and him but now, I am not sure about it. Now, I have learnt this new power of mind. But this power of mind was probably awaken because my heart frozen so badly that I could no longer hear it beat. Because, now, I am not sure if I am alive, she was the reason for my heart to beat but she is dead now. I really thought that I would die with her like how the others did but I didn’t. Why? I didn’t understand it but then I couldn’t bring myself to think about it anymore, because the more I think about it the more my heart hurts.

‘You know just because you have telepathic abilities does not give you the right to read my mind, Lucian.’ I said to him bluntly which made him laugh. ‘Funny, Sebastian. You can compel people too, that does not make you have the right to compel me to make breakfast for you three days ago.’ Lucian said to me while laughing. I didn’t laugh. No, actually, I can no longer laugh. My emotions can no longer be shown and I felt numb to any of those emotions. ‘You’re no fun when your sulking, Sebastian.’ Lucian said to me. I didn’t reply.

‘You’re such a pain in the ass when you’re drunk, Lucian.’ I said to Lucian trying to sound enthusiastic but failing miserably. ‘Why do you drink so much anyway?’ I asked. ‘You know the only way to avoid getting stupid missions from father is to always be drunk. Unlike the humans, getting drunk isn’t bad for health for a Damn.’ Lucian said while smiling proudly. I rolled my eyes and brought him into the mansion.

The maids came running to help me take him to the nearest sofa. They had already sat up the fire place for us, so I had no worries. Lucian smiled flirtatiously at the maids and whispered something I wished I was deaf and both of the maids giggled. Damn, this brother of mine is one bloody playboy. Well, the whole of Norway had already known him as the tall, handsome and charming rich playboy whom they had no idea how he got his fortunes. Well, I know how. All of that from just a flicked of his finger and money came appearing out of nowhere. Yes, he is something like a magician. He can create things with just imagination. I had asked him before, if he could create people but all he did was arched an eyebrow at me. Yes, I know, I know, I wanted him to create a substitute of her. I know I am sounding a lot like a weak man but still if you had a Soul Mate you would understand. She was the one person that understands you so well that she would know what you are about to say without you knowing what yourself wanted to say. She was the person that would bring out the best of you and correct the worst of you. But now, she is gone. You wouldn’t understand the heartbreak I have to go through.

Lucian sat down lazily on the couch as the maids put him down. He ordered them to make him something nice to eat and like always they would gleefully run to the kitchen. Every single time I would do this, I would roll my eyes at the sight of their pathetic actions. I am not as nice as Lucian is, I do not flirt around nor do I care about them. I had once accidentally killed one of the maids because she accidentally poured hot coffee on my one and only remembrance of my love, the demon slayer that she had left me. It cannot be helped, at that moment, my blood had got to boiling point and I lost control. I used that same sword to stab her in the chest but until now, I felt no guilt about it.

I agree that I have foul temper but I do not go around throwing them. I had never actually thrown my temper on anyone I just showed my dislike that’s all.

‘Yeah, right!’ Lucian suddenly interrupted my thoughts. I sat down on the sofa next to him and he glared at me like I was stupid. ‘Yes, you do not go around throwing your temper but hell, you showed it real well.’ Lucian added. I didn’t say a thing but just watch him speak. ‘I still remember there was once I said…… about her and you freaking glared at me and froze me up for three days.’ Lucian said as he hesitated to remind me of what he had said about Josephine but actually I no longer remember what he said about her. Well, he made a wise choice. Whatever he had said, he deserved it. ‘I never thought that I would be sick after that! Damn! I never thought that we Damns would even get a cold!’ Lucian grumbled.

‘My Lords, your dinner is ready.’ One of the maids said. I look up at the old clock and it said twelve. It is in the middle of the bloody night! Lucian laughed as he must have heard what I thought but I continued to the dining table. I heard Lucian whispered to the maid to come join her but would she dare? I mean would she dare to be there when I am present? She shook her head shyly to Lucian which made Lucian grumble again. I guess that is a no then. ‘You know, Sebastian, with you around, you’re really a pain in the butt!’ Lucian grumbled. ‘All the girls don’t want to dine with me because you’re here!’ Lucian added childishly which made me rolled my eyes. I cut the beef steak on my plate while listening to him. ‘Are you sure it isn’t your failing charm?’ I said to him. He laughed at me in surprise. ‘Oh, someone pinch me. Did my little brother just joke?’ He said to me but earn a hard long glare from me. Quickly, he shut up. ‘Like I said brother, your temper is actually quite foul.’ Lucian added.