Chapter Fifteen: I'll Leave This Boy to You

‘What the hell happened to you?’ Lucian asked as he brought me up to my feet. ‘You look beat. There is no way you get beaten by a girl like her.’ Lucian added. I heard the girl scoff and grunted but I choose to ignore it. I didn’t want to answer it. It was a disgrace. Dante scoff and sighs as he lay straight on the black leather sofa. ‘Lucian, I think you know the answer to that already.’ Dante said and ended it with a yawn.

Slowly, I walked my way towards the sofa next to Dante, whom is supposed to be my second brother. ‘What is that supposed to mean?’ I asked in a harsh tone as I glare at Lucian with anger. Lucian was busy talking to the girl that he made us wait for him to finish with his petty talks. ‘I bet you would like to listen to this longer, don’t you?’ Lucian asked the girl. Quietly, I watch the girl nodded with an angry glare. ‘I would love to know more about you Damns. Then, I’ll slay every one of you!’ She spat. Lucian smiled at her but she would not gain a smile from me that’s for sure. ‘I would love to see you try, human.’ I mocked as she shot me her dagger glares.

‘Then, stay and keep really quiet.’ Lucian said it in a tone like how he is talking to little children. Oddly enough, that girl kept quiet and sat down on the sofa opposite of me. I caught Dante peeked at her for a moment and smirked.

‘Looking at how you were just now, it must have meant that you’ve met your little brother.’ Lucian said as though he knew it all along. Somehow this made things clearer. This answered to almost all of the questions in my head. He left so he could set me up with Damian! ‘Yap!’ Lucian answered as he must have read my mind again. But why? Why would he set me up to meet Damian again when he knew that it was him that caused my pain? ‘Because it isn’t his fault!’ Lucian answered with anger and frustration.

Lucian isn’t the type of man that would get angry easily. His temper is almost zero. He doesn’t show his dislike and often just laugh things off. This was the very first time I’ve seen him show his anger.

‘I told you this a thousand years ago, and I will tell you this again.’ Lucian said with a sigh. ‘Someone set this up on purpose.’ Lucian added. Even after saying that in such frustration, he could see that he still gain no reaction from me. He knew that either way, I would still want Damian dead. Lucian sighed and shook his head. ‘I guess your little brother still get into your nerve, doesn’t he?’ Lucian asked. I frowned at him in confusion. Of cause he still get into my nerve, he caused the death of my mate!

‘Actually, nobody has ever got you to get your emotions out until you meet your little brother once more.’ Lucian added with a smirk. Frustration brought me up to my feet. Never have I been so humiliated. All I want was this pain to be lock up but why does he want it to be forcefully brought out? Why would this brother of mine want it out of me? Why would he want all this pain on me?  ‘So all that just so you could see me fall in pain?’ I asked with anger. Lucian turned and faced me with eyes glowing with anger which I had not seen before.

‘You were in pain before I had even forced it out of you!’ Lucian said. ‘Every day I watched you suffer alone in pain. I knew you wanted to cry. I knew you wanted to die. Yet, every day, you act like nothing had happened and you act like nothing can affect you! You were so down until you actually froze your own heart!’ Lucian shouted with anger. The girl gasped as she watches Lucian’s wings spread across the room gracefully with his red aura eliminating the room. ‘I saw it with my own eyes. Just right after Josephine’s death, you came out of hell with blood on your hands and body. You walked like a zombie with no emotions as you took your steps to somewhere you know not.’ Lucian said as he shook his head. ‘I knew you needed time to go through it. So I thought maybe it is best that I just follow you, just in case you do something stupid.’

Dante sat up and sighed with frustration as he walks away from the both of us towards the bar. ‘You killed two innocent human with their beating hearts in your hands. Just before they died, you asked them, ‘Do I have it?’.’ Lucian said with frustration.