Chapter Eighteen: The Party Begins

Before I know it, I was enjoying the ‘party’. A demon appeared before me and I held onto it with one hand and stabbed right through it with my ice sword. Another one leap at me from my behind and instantly I turned and gave it a perfect high kick in the head. It flew towards Joey. With no fear, Joey smirked at the flying demon and aimed at its head when it stopped just right before him with his gun. A loud bang and the demon turned to ashes and dust.

On the other hand, Dante was sitting on top of a mountain of demons which are completely out cold. The other demons desperately try it best to climb up the mountain of demons whereas Dante was busy admiring his own reflection against his shinning blade. As the sun shine, it cast a huge shadow of the mountain high of demons. Dante smiled smugly with as he watches us fight.

This man is the Demon Slayer, a Damn that kills his own kind. He lived longer than I have. Although I have never met him before until just now, I have heard all the rumors of him. Yet, there is no answer to why he has sought to kill his own kind. I wonder why did he go against father and why did he left his older brother?

A demon ran straight towards me with a spear pointing at me. With ease, I evaded it. Adrenaline ran through my veins, my blood pump like crazy, I felt good. I held onto the demons face with one hand. Within my grasp, it struggles madly. An odd sensation that I have not felt for a long time creeps up to my chest, I am truly enjoying it. A true smile spread across my face. Never would I have thought that I would be capable of happiness ever again. ‘Hell is hot.’ I said to the demon. ‘But you have yet to see the coldness of my heart.’ Slowly, I let my power flow to my palm then to my fingers. It flows through me and to the demon.

From my grasp, it begins to freeze. Like a disease spreading at high speed, I let it spread down to the demon’s body as I let go. I stood there with a lovely sensation within me and a smile on my face as I watch the demon fall to the ground as it desperately try to live. Bit by bit, the demon freezes. Then, like an ice sculpture, it froze. With a soft kick, the ice crack. I turned and ready for a round kick. My leg hit against the ice sculpture and threw it towards the other demons queuing to their deaths.  The ice shattered and those demons behind of it turned to dusts.

‘You seem to be enjoying yourself.’ A voice broke through my adrenaline lost self. Like a wave of realization, it hit me and woke me up from it. What was that? I was actually happy. I turned towards the voice with shock clearly on my face. It was Dante.

He stood up on top of the mountain of demons and took a long jump and threw his sword down and straight through the demons. Just as he fell on to the ground on his feet, the demons turned to dust and the blade on his sword shine with a quiet beauty. ‘You were smiling.’ Dante added. I dare not answer. I thought that I have lost the capability to smile or even enjoy anything yet again it came back like how I lost my temper with Damian. Why is this happening again? I do not want to feel. No, I do not want to live through the pain once again.

‘Why the shock face?’ Dante said with a smirk as he picks up his sword. ‘It’s only natural.’ Dante added. I looked at him with confusion as he took his own sweet time towards me. ‘Why did you leave that part of you away?’ Dante asked as he stopped right before me. Demons appeared all at once around of him. All of them threw the spears and weapons at him. They all stabbed into him. Blood splattered on the floor as I took a shaky step back. With all the weapons through his body, he did not show any sign of fear as he stood proudly looking at me. I felt small, too small in front of this man.

He hit the demon on his left and turned it to dust. Ghastly, he pulled out the spear that is stabbed right through his chest and threw it onto another demon. Before I know it, he has killed all the demons around him. In a blink on an eye, he was right in front of me with the tip of his sword pointing at my throat as he stood over me. ‘What are you afraid of?’ He asked.

My breath caught within my throat. I cannot speak. I was speechless. My body dare not move. It isn’t because I was afraid of him. It’s because some part of me knows that he is right. I am afraid of something. I am leaving that part of me that has emotion. I stared at him with my mouth opened to speak but nothing came out. I do not know what to say.

‘Sir!’ A man came in and salute to Joey and Dante. ‘I would deal with the cover up!’ The man said. Joey waved him off and Dante withdraw his sword away from me. ‘Dante, I am thirsty. I guess I would have to pay for the beer.’ Joey said as he looked at his guns. ‘I kind of ran out of bullets in the middle of the fight. And as usual you won.’ Joey added. Dante smirked.

I didn’t know why but I know that I can’t stay here long. Not until I get my emotions right. I will not lose to it again. I will not let my emotions to surface again.