Chapter Fourteen: The Second Son of The Devil

Sweat rolls down my forehead like raindrops and the pain did not go away. It hurts me all over. My breathing is hard and I could barely bring myself to move. Here, I lean against the elevator for support but my body weaken and ready to fall. The lift stopped but it is yet to be my floor. A woman stepped in. Her eyes filled with shock and instantly she came to help me.

‘Sir, are you alright?’ She asked as she touched my forehead. ‘Oh, my, you’re cold!’ She said as she pulled her hands away in shock. ‘I’ll call the ambulance!’ She said as she pulled out her phone. Without hesitation, I pulled her hand away from her pocket as she reached for her phone. I held her tight and she screamed in pain. ‘I do not need your help.’ I said coldly. She glared at me. ‘I am just trying to help! If you don’t want me to I am gladly to leave you!’ She spat.

The lift stopped. This is now my floor. I pushed myself up and moved towards the elevator door as it opens. I drag her along. She kept wiggling and screaming to get herself out of my grip but failing badly. The moment the elevator closes, I let her go. I am glad that Lucian had bought this single floor condo. Now that no other would be here I let my guard down. Instantly, the pain pulse through every part of my body and I fell crashing down to the floor. The girl screams in shock as she watches me suffer in pain.

So this is that feeling that I have cast away a thousand years ago. The emotion that brings pain to my body, the emotion that is known as guilt. I was the one that caused Juliette’s death. I was the one that made her suffer. I know it so well. I know the feeling of losing the one you love so much. Because of that, I could feel her pain within me. It is overwhelming my body. Every part of me was begging me to die. It is almost the same pain I had when I lost Josephine. If Juliette’s death was indeed my fault, then, is Josephine’s death too my fault?

‘Oh! Damn it! Why don’t you just ask for help?’ The woman said. She came to my side as she begins to touch my forehead once again. But instantly she pulled away. Her eyes widen as though she had realized something. Quickly, she withdraws away from me and took out her phone. My instinct told me that to stop her but my body is all aching in pain that I can barely move a muscle.

‘Papa.’ She called. Her slang was too familiar. ‘YA nashel yego’ she spoke in Russian. After living in the human world, I have already learnt every language there is in this world. She said ‘I’ve found him.’ She must be a Grimm. Quickly, I pulled myself up as I ignore the pain on my body.

‘Grimm.’ I said. Instantly, she turned and stared at me in shock. ‘Tell your ‘Papa’ this, ‘YA Sebastian Chevalier.’’ I said as she stared at me in the face, stunned. Quickly, she continued her conversation with her father. ‘Papa, On skazal, chto Sebastian Chevalier.’ She said. After a while she begins arguing with her father. Before I knew it, she threw her phone against the wall and ended up smashing it. She cursed with anger.

‘Who are you, Damn?’ She asked. ‘So what if you’re Sebastian Chevalier? Who is this Sebastian Chevalier anyway? You’re fucking weak!’ She said with anger.

As the pain finally receded, I let my demonic pressure to hit against her. Her eyes widen once again in shock. ‘You’re an Ancient Damn.’ She said as she fell to her knees and desperately trying to stand up, although my power is overwhelming her. ‘I am the forth son of the Devil.’ I said coldly. Oddly enough, she laughed. Even though she must be in so much pain, she actually laughed. ‘Impossible! You’re so weak! Just now, you were practically dying!’ She spat.

As though her words are like a trigger to my disease, it hit my once again. My back hit against the wall as my hand flew to my chest in pain. ‘Juliette.’ I called in pain. ‘Is this the way you’re going to punish me?’ I asked. The girl stood up as my power was lifted. She took out a dagger and came running towards me. As the dagger approaches closer to me by milliseconds, I no longer have the will to fight back. Would I be able to see those two if I were to hold my heart on my palm? A heart that no longer beats. I closed my eyes and waits for the sharp pain.

 What supposed to feel like seconds, felt like hours, yet, nothing happened. I opened my eyes and before me, the girl who held the dagger near my heart could not move a muscle. It was as though she was stuck. Sweat rolls down her forehead as she struggles. Her eyes turned towards the left. I turned to the left and there he was, the man that left me.

‘Damn, I can’t leave you even for a day, can I?’ he asked with frustration as he stood with much confidence. Behind of him stood a man with silver blonde hair and grey eyes, he wore a long red coat but no shirt on him. His long black jeans hang two guns and behind of him were his skull headed sword. ‘So, this is our brother?’ The man asked. ‘He seems weak.’ The man added. Lucian shook his head and sigh. ‘I thought he is long over about killing himself.’ Lucian said.

‘Seriously, I don’t get it. Why do you guys get so work up over a chick? I don’t get it. Besides that, I don’t like helping people that are suicidal.’ The man said in frustration. Lucian patted the man’s back and walked towards the girl. ‘Miss, may I ask you to drop that dagger and move aside after I let you go?’ Lucian asked politely. ‘Blink once, if it is a yes.’ Lucian added. The girl blinked once. Instantly, Lucian let go of her with his telekinetic power and she drop her dagger and scram away.

‘Now, let me introduce you to your older brother, Seb.’ Lucian said. I turned to face the man with his eyes boring into mine with frustration. ‘This is Dante. The second son of the Devil.’