Chapter Ten: The Beating Object

Red, red, red, red everywhere; the sound of something wet dripping down against the cold, white pave. Wet against my palm, it felt warm. Odd….. I have never felt this warmth for a long time. What is this?

The sound of the waves humming softly against the beach adding with the sound of a woman’s cry, why is she crying? Her voice trembles and her body shivers. Her clothes tattered and her body covered with red. What happened to her?

I felt a beating against my palm. I looked down. My hand is inside someone’s body. Why is that? A body of a man which is coughing red out dare not move an inch. He stared at me with fear. From his eyes, reflected my ice blue ones. Once again, a small beat beats against my palm. Curious, I pulled out my hand. Something that beats within that man is on my palm. A loud scream broke through the humming of the waves.

What is this on my palm? It still beats even after it is out of the man’s body. What is this? Does she have this too? Does this woman have this beating object too?

I took a step towards her as that warm beating object grew colder and softer with each beat. Every step I took, she squirmed away with fear. Why does she fear me? I held her up to her feet as she shivers with fear. I held up the object that is now cold and frozen. Why is it frozen? The woman swallowed hard and her breath could be seen so clearly. Is it cold now?

‘Do you have this?’ I asked her as she watches me show her the frozen object on my palm. She nodded with fear and tears in her eyes. ‘Do I have this?’ I asked. She swallowed hard and bit her lips. Clearly, she didn’t dare to ask me. ‘Can I have this?’ I asked as I threw the frozen object and pointed at her chest. She froze and tears came falling down like a water fall. ‘Please, my lord. Have mercy on me? I have done no wrong. I begged you, my lord.’ She begged. I cocked my head aside with confusion. ‘Mercy?’ I asked. She nodded softly with her trembling breath. I held her palm against my chest as I put mine against hers. ‘Why do I not feel that beating within me?’ I asked with curiosity.  She pulled her hand away with fear as she watches me move in closer to her. ‘What are you?’ She asked with fear. I nodded. ‘Yes, what am I?’ I asked.

‘Can I have that, please?’ I asked. Before she could reply, my hand had already pierced into her. Her blood ooze out like a river flowing. There, I felt it, a beating fast against my palm. She coughed out blood with tears in her eyes. ‘Sir……’ She said weakly. ‘What happened to you?’ She asked just before she loses her consciousness.

Yes, what happened to me? I pulled that beating object out and stared at it as it slowly stops and freezes against my palm.

‘Sebastian!!!!!!!!!’ I loud familiar voice pierced through the quiet night. ‘What did you do?’ He asked with shocked in his face. I looked around. Everything was frozen, but everything was also red. Why is that?

‘Lucian……’ I called. He watched me with wide eyes and worried expression. ‘What happened to my heart?’