18: "𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚔𝚊𝚛𝚖𝚊."

About a day or so had passed since the night at Hawk's Nest, and John B had been taken to the hospital. Eventually, he was released which now explains why he was in Kiara's family restaurant with the others. A cast was covering his arm, showing he had broken a bone. All the friends were relieved to see their friend safe and sound.

The Routledge boy had called the four to a meeting at the Wreck, explaining he was now living with the Cameron's, which meant living with Sarah. As JJ, Y/n and Pope were fine with this... Kiara, not so much. John B couldn't help but sigh or roll his eyes at how she was currently being.

"I'm sorry. You're staying where?" Kie asks.

"Tannyhill." John B repeats.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron." Kie bluntly concludes.

John B sighs. "Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right? And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't--"

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Y/n interrupts, sharing a glance with her twin.

"I don't know, Y/n." John B replies.

"What about those golf carts they get to drive around? You get one of them?" JJ questions.

"Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one those on your own?" Pope adds in question.

"Look, you promised. You said you weren't with her." Kie reminds, receiving silence in reply.

"Bro, just own it. She got you." JJ states.

"Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah." Kie informs.

"Do you guys see her here? No, right. Okay. A little focus would be fantastic." John B tells them, clearly frustrated with all of them. "We've got the map, right?"

"It's all out of whack cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." JJ comments, looking down at the map.

"It's cause the coast has changed." Y/n informs.

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed." Pope states.

"What about the old forts?" John B asks.

Kie points at the map. "Battery Jasper."

***

Now out of the Wreck, the group of five found themselves standing in Battery Jasper like Kie had said, standing on top of a hill while looking out into the distance. Four out of the five Pogues stared straight ahead while Pope was looking down at the map.

"We're in Battery, right here. So if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here." Pope points out.

"Somewhere over there." Y/n adds, pointing out into the distance.

Pope nods. "Right."

"Over there? Guys, that's not Tannyhill, that's a subdivision." JJ denies.

"Tannyhill Plantation used to be the entire island. It got sold into smaller pieces over time." John B explains.

Pope looks back down at the map. "So we're just looking for an old stone wall."

After that, the teenagers make their way back into the campervan, John B following Pope's instructions as he looks down at the map every so often in search of an old stone wall. Soon enough, they find themselves parking in front of an old stone wall. Their location, however, happened to be the Crain house, the most feared place on the entire island.