°𝕊𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕣 (ℕℝ)°

Mentions of cheating, fluff, maybe angst, depression, self-deprecating thoughts, physical harm

(Natasha's POV)

Ever since Carol accused me of cheating on her I've been miserable. We were at a party and I was just drinking my punch when out of the blue she gasped and started crying.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I asked.

"You're a fucking cheater!" The second she said that the room fell silent.

"Bab..." I started.

She cut me off by throwing her wine cooler in my face. She then slapped me and stormed out. I was crying now, I grabbed my purse and left the party. When I got to school on Monday everyone was shaming me, calling me a cheater, a whore, a slut. I just pulled up my hood and ignored everything.

***

It's been about two months now, I've lost all of my friends. No one really says anything anymore but there is the occasional note. People have started avoiding me and shunning me like I didn't exist or something. I started to wonder if I should just end it all.

I'm not getting A's anymore, no one asks me how I am. My parents have been ignoring me. Sometimes I'm curious if anybody would come to the funeral, or if there would even be one. I took my seat in math class and sighed heavily.

After being instructed to turn to a certain page in our textbook, our teacher assigned us some problems. I looked at the page blankly, there were letters with exponents and parentheses, fractions, and decimals. I had no clue how to do this, I guess these past few weeks I've been zoning out more often in math than usual.

Suddenly a girl rushed in late, she looked at the teacher apologetically. She handed her the tardy slip and then made her way to where I was. She sat down next to me without a second thought, I was confused. I looked around, there were other empty seats. She wanted to sit next to me.

(Y/n's POV)

I opened my textbook and immediately got to work on the problems that were written on the board. I easily finished them so I opened the book I had brought to class and started reading. I glanced over at the girl next to me. She had erased stuff on her paper at least ten times in the past thirty seconds.

"Do you need some help?" I asked her.

"W-what?" she asked.

Her voice was gravelly but smooth, she sounded tired.

"Help? Do you need any?" I asked.

"Why would you think that I needed help?" She responded.

"Because you've erased over ten times in the past thirty seconds," I said.

"Why do you want to help me?" She asked.

"Because I like helping people and this book is getting quite boring," I told her.

"What about what I did to Carol?" She asked.

I blinked a few times.

"I mean you didn't kill her and I don't pay attention to rumors so I couldn't care less what you did or didn't do to her," I simply stated.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yes really. Now do you need help or not?" I questioned.

"Yes please," she said.

I assisted her with the problems and she quickly caught on. I smiled at her as she finished up the problems and let out a triumphant giggle.

"Would you like a sticker?" I asked her.

"Why?" She questioned.

"Because stickers are awesome!" I said.

"Ok, give me a sticker, make it a good one too," she said.

I grabbed a strawberry scratch 'n' smell sticker and placed it on the back of her hand. She looked at me with sad eyes.

"Do you not like strawberries?" I asked.

(Natasha's POV)

"I like them, it's just, you're the first person who has been nice to me since the 'cheated on Carol' rumor," I told her.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Uh Natasha, what's yours?" I questioned tilting my head slightly.

"Y/n, but you can call me y/n/n," she responded with a smile.

"So why have you been nice to me?" I asked her.

"Because I don't listen to or believe rumors and even serial killers deserve love and attention. I mean that's usually what they're neglected and it causes them to go crazy. I don't want you to end up going crazy and I can tell you deserve some love and attention right now," she said making my eyes water.

My gaze dropped to the floor as tears started to fall. She gently grabbed my elbow to grab my attention.

"Can I hug you?" She asked.

I nodded before she pulled me into a warm and sweet hug. When I stopped crying, I noticed no one but her cared. I needed to keep her in my life she was the only one who cared about me. She looked in to my eyes.

"After school do you wanna meet me at that field a few blocks from here, I'll bring snacks and we can work on our homework together," she offered.

"I'd love to," I said while grinning like a little kid.

When the bell rang she grabbed her things and waited for me to grab mine, before she left she gave me a quick peck on the cheek.

"See you later, Natasha," she said with a wink.

I blushed, my stomach was doing cartwheels. I made it to my next class, the day seeming to last forever as I waited to see y/n/n again. When the bell rung I ran to my locker and started gathering my things, I saw Carol out of the corner of my eye but I continued packing things up.

"How are things with your new girlfriend Y/n?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"I set her up to it, she's trying to make a fool out of you," Carol laughed leaving me to my things.

I finished packing up and angrily stormed to the feild, warm tears stung my eyes as I saw her sitting there.

"What the hell! I thought you cared about me?" I yelled.

(Y/n's POV)

I stood up and turned to look at Natasha.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Carol told me she put you up to this to make a fool out of me!" She shouted.

"Natasha, what are you talking about?" I asked her.

"You're just a lying backstabbing bitch!" She yelled.

Tears brimmed my eyes threatening to fall.

"Natasha I swear I don't know what you're talking about," I tried to reason with her.

She had been walking closer and closer, she was now standing in front of me.

"I don't listen to rumors, you deserve love and attention," she mocked loudly.

"Nata..." I started.

I was interrupted by a hard slap to the face. I fell to the ground tears now falling from my eyes.

"You're a terrible person," she scoffed.

I grabbed my things and stood up.

(Natasha's POV)

She looked at me chin quivering and lip trembling, tears fell from her eyes and there was a bright read hand print on the side of her face. She took a shaky breath.

"You're right, I'm a terrible person for loving a monster like you," she said before sprinting off.

She loves me? What have I done? I just believed my bitchy ex over her and then slapped her. I just chased away the only person who actually cares about me.