Chapter 4 - Leave your caution to the wind

A/N: Hi! I'm so sorry for the delay. I had some personal matters to attend to this weekend, those in Twitter will probably have an idea, so I was unable to write the next part for this and am behind schedule. Sorry about that!

Anyway, the votes for JinJin's arc primarily on the second one, while for Kang Gook and Hye Won, it was just a one vote difference.

Here we go!

---

There was still some time before their dinner meeting so Yoon Jin Ah logged onto her laptop and pulled up the game their company recently launched

Though not an avid gamer, she found herself enjoying some of these programs -- like those where you build your house and make it pretty. But it was her previous relationship that taught her to explore the more battle-type games that were in the market. 

She couldn't help but smile at the thought of Seo Joon-hee. He truly swept her off her feet and made her feel the thrill of a new love that she had not experienced in a long time. Considering he was younger, she learned so much about being in a relationship with him. More importantly, she learned to love herself. 

But timing was not their friend and he was offered a job in the United States, a country he had been yearning to come back to because adjusting back to their home country was getting difficult for him. 

And as much as she loved the "you and me against the world" feeling at the beginning, it quickly wore thin. She did not like sneaking around. She did not like being in terrible terms with her mother, who was unreasonable, but how did one continue with such a bad aura all around?

He asked her to choose. 

She chose family. 

I really thought we'd make it, she thought sadly. 

It was because of that unexpected heartbreak that she found herself needing an outlet. At first, she tried contact sports like boxing. However, she didn't like having her face hit and her hands and body bruised, so she dropped that for a virtual boxing program. Eventually, she found herself back to these games, which helped her when she was recently employed by J One.

Ping!

Her chat box notification sounded off. Clicking it, she frowned at the message she received.

ZinuTheGreat: Are you going to play or just look around? This is not a shopping centre.

Jin Ah rolled her eyes. She had encountered this obnoxious user a few nights ago when she got off work early and was still on a high from Hye-won's visit. Jin Ah was doing well with the encounters she faced and a few users were asking her to join their teams to form an alliance. 

However, she faced this ZinuTheGreat person and he quickly disarmed her, taking all the weapons she earned.  After that, he had the gall to send her a message: You need to be careful of your blind spots -- that's the only weakness in your game. Otherwise, great job!