Chapter 27 - Some Kind of Wonderful

A/N: This would mostly be snippets just before we wrap up this book. :-) thanks again to those still reading this!

For this part, there is a medical reference. I know of the existence of said test but am not clear on the conditions for its use so please forgive me if not medically accurate.

Chapter 28 (the next one) is the final one of this book.

Have a great week ahead everyone!

Yoon Jin Ah held her fiancé's hand tightly as they waited for the doctor to arrive at the VIP room booked for her appointment.

Normally, she would insist that she had no issues waiting for her turn at the clinic but this time, she was using all the perks as the CEO's soon-to-be wife. It wasn't for her. It was to ensure that their child was safe.

"Why is the doctor taking so long? Do you think there was an issue with the tests we took earlier?" Jin Ah muttered, biting her lip.

Jin Woo leaned over and kissed the top of her head. "Calm down. Let's wait for the doctor."

Jin Ah gazed up lovingly at him. "Look at you. Calm and steady. I never expected my perennially late boss, who could never iron his clothes, could be my rock in these troubled times," she teased.

Jin Woo narrowed his eyes at her. "Lucky you I found you cute," he joked, making Jin Ah toss her head back and let out a big laugh. Fixing her hair, he kissed her nose and whispered, "Feeling better?"

"Yes, much better."

This was how the obstetrician found them: Jin Ah's crescent shaped eyes smiling up at Jin Woo, who was looking down at her, his dimples deep as he gave her a similar gaze. Both of them falling in love with each other again.

"Good morning, Mr. Yoo and Ms. Yoon," the doctor finally called out, breaking their bubble.

"Dr. Yang!" Jin Ah greeted, suddenly worried. "How is my baby?" she added with trepidation.

The obstetrician approached and smiled. "Nothing to worry about. We detected some concerning levels of stress so I would advice rest for at least a week."

"Doctor, we're getting married in three weeks. Do you think we should push back?" Jin Woo asked in concern.

"No, I don't want to push back our wedding date!" Jin Ah protested, holding Jin Woo's arm. "I'm so ready to marry you!"

Jin Woo touched her face. "You know I feel the same but the preparations can cause stress you don't need right now."

"Let's get additional wedding planners? And I promise not to get angry if there are things that won't be available. We can scale back on the guests... Just no delays, Jagiya. Please?" Jin Ah pleaded.

Dr. Yang looked at them smiling. "Aha, Mr. Yoo, you should agree to marry quickly before Ms. Yoon changes her mind and falls out of love for you."

"Yah!" Jin Woo warned, making the doctor chuckle. To Jin Ah, he said, "Alright, Jagiya, but you will rest, you hear?"

"I promise."

"Doctor, should we stop being intimate first?" Jin Woo asked the doctor as he considered other activities that may exhaust Jin Ah.

"YAH!" It was Jin Ah that protested this time. "That one relaxes me most!" Her outburst making Jin Woo blush. Turning to the doctor, "Please say we don't have to stop!"

Dr. Yang chuckled. "No need to stop as long as there is no discomfort, Ms. Yoon," he assured, making Jin Ah gloat but Jin Woo remained concerned. "The baby is fine, no need to worry."