Surprise

Jennie's POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Jennie saw the ChaeSoo couple at her doorstep holding a cake for her.

"Happy Birthday, Jen!" Chaeyoung greeted her.

"Yeah! Happy Birthday, Nini!" Jisoo greeted her excitedly.

"Yah! JisooTurtleRabbitKim!! I told you to not call her that! I'm so gonna kill you!" Lisa said on the other line. Jisoo gulfed. Forgetting that Lisa's still on the phone with Jennie.

Jennie can't help but smile because of the surprise that she got for her birthday.

"Gomawo, Chu and Chaeng!" Jennie thanked them.

"Ooooh. Don't thank us yet. Not yet." Jisoo said with a smirk.

Jennie was left confused with Jisoo's statement.

"Babe, what does Chu mean about that?" She asked Lisa.

"You heard her babe. Just don't say thank you yet." Jennie felt that Lisa is smiling when she said that.

"Oh! Oh! Chaeng, it's time!" Jisoo suddenly shouted.

"Huh? Time for what??" Jennie asked confusingly.

"Just wait, Jen. You'll see." Chaeyoung answered. She then lead Jennie in front of her window. Jisoo then opened the curtains and counted.

"1, 2, 3! Go!" Jisoo said.

After that, fireworks display can be seen in the sky. The sky was full of different colors and loud sounds. Illuminating everything you can see.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNIE!" ChaeSoo shouted loudly so that Jennie can hear them.

Jennie was so shocked and amused by the fireworks display.

"Chu... Chaeng..." Jennie was speechless.

"Before you say anything, it's Lisa's idea. She wanted to surprise you herself but unfortunately, she's in Paris. So she told me about her plans and we're just here to help her and to greet you too." Jisoo explained. Chaeyoung nodded and smiled.

"We'll go ahead. We'll just pick you up during dinner. Chaeng and I want to treat you since it's your birthday. Arasso?" Jisoo continued.

Jennie nodded and mouthed thank you to them.

"Babe....." Jennie said on the phone.

"I told you babe that I will try my best to keep you happy. I hope you like it."

"I love it, babe. Thank you."

"Anything for you babe. Just a little more time babe and I'll be home. I promise."

"Arasso. I love you, Lili"

"Nado saranghae, Nini. Go back to sleep now. You have plans with the ChaeSoo couple later. Happy Birthday again, princess! I love you! I miss you!"

"Thank you Babe! Saranghae! I miss you too! Bye, Lili!"

"Bye princess. Take care. I love you."

___________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

We're halfway there. 😂