Decisions, Decisions

Author's POV

Jennie was shocked but at the same time, she felt happy seeing Irene right in front her. Maybe she didn't want to admit it but she knows in herself that she missed Irene.

On the other hand, Irene was somehow nervous to see Jennie. She knows she promised Jennie that she will keep her distance but she can't helped it. She just wanted to greet Jennie in person.

"Wh-What are you doing here?" Jennie asked, still stunned.

"I know I said that I'll keep my distance from you but at least allow me to greet you." Irene said and smiled even though deep inside she wanted to hug Jennie tight.

"Happy Birthday, Jennie." She greeted her again with a smile.

"Kamsahamnida." Jennie replied and was able to smile.

"Go on. Make a wish. The candle is melting." Irene said, letting out a small chuckle.

Jennie smiled and nodded her head. She closed her eyes and said her wished silently before she blew out the candle.

Irene just keep staring at Jennie.

How I wish things could be simple. How I wish you could be mine without hurting anybody. Irene thought.

Jennie blew the candle out and looked at Irene with a smile and took away the cake from her.

Irene smiled back but it was like a bittersweet smile and Jennie noticed it.

"I guess I better go. It's late already. Go inside, Jen. And please, be happy." Irene said these words to Jennie and slowly turned to walk away.

Jennie felt uneasy. Scared. Confused. But her heart is telling her to stop Irene from leaving.

Irene is now ready to walk away when she felt Jennie hold her wrist, stopping her from leaving.

"Irene, I-II" Jennie couldn't make a sentence. She couldn't put into words what she wanted to tell Irene.

Irene, feeling a little bit uneasy, cut Jennie.

"Was that her?" She asked Jennie.

"Huh?" Jennie asked back, confused with the question.

"Lisa Manoban. Was that her?" Irene answered her.

"How d-did you..." She was cut by Irene.

"I saw her with you a while ago. I was waiting for you to come home. I came here earlier tonight but no one's home so I decided to go to the café across your house to wait for you. Then I saw you arrived with her. So, was that her?" Irene said and hung her head low because she can feel her tears falling.

"Y-yes." Jennie stuttered. "That's her." She continued.

Irene let out a small bittersweet smile but Jennie didn't see it.

"She's beautiful, Jennie. Well, scratch that. I believe she's perfect." Irene said and looked at Jennie.

Jennie felt her heart broke into pieces when she saw Irene, tears in her eyes.

Irene wiped away the tears and smiled again at Jennie then she removed Jennie's hand from her wrist.

"I'll be leaving now." Irene said to Jennie and started walking away.

Jennie was hurt. She saw Irene slowly walking away from her, from her life. She didn't know what she was thinking but she ran after her, hugging Irene from behind.

Irene was shocked with the Jennie's sudden action.

"Jennie..." She was cut by Irene.

"Please don't go, Irene-ssi. Please don't leave me. I don't know what you did to me but it's hurting me. It's hurting me so much." Jennie cried.

"How about Lisa, Jen?" Irene faced her.

"I don't know, Irene. I know I love her. I love her so much but I also know that I fell in love you. I don't know. I don't know what to do anymore!" Jennie burst out crying.

"Jennie, I can tell you I love you everyday, I love you every time and I'm really sorry that I messed everything up. I didn't intend it to happen this way. But I have no control of my heart. Right now, it beats for you and only you. But what should we do now, Jen. Looking at it, there's someone who'll end up hurt. It can be Lisa or it can be me." Irene said to Jennie while tears again started falling.

"I know, Irene. I know. Is it selfish of me to love you both? Is it selfish of me to keep you both? If it is, then I want to be selfish even just this once. I'm scared to lose you both. I know I'm hurting you both right now but I'm scared. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't think anymore. I need time, Irene. I need time." Jennie cried harder.

"Shhhh, don't cry Jen. I'll give you time. I know you don't want to but one day, you'll need to choose between us. I'll stay by your side until you make a decision between me or her. And Lisa doesn't have to know anything about us until you make your decision about it. And whatever decision is that, I'll respect it." Irene said.

"But I don't want to choose." Jennie answered in a low voice.

"But you have to, sweetie. We both know that you have to. I know that there's a chance that you'll choose her over me but I want you to think about it carefully. Promise me?" Irene said while wiping Jennie's tears. Jennie just nodded as a response and continued hugging Irene.

"Where is she now, by the way?" Irene asked.

"She went back to Paris. She still have some business to attend to." Jennie replied.

"For how long?" She asked again.

"She said for about five days." Jennie answered again.

Irene hugged Jennie tight and asked her, "Jen?"

"Hmmmm?" Irene answered, her head on Irene's shoulder.

"Be with me for the next five days, please? Let's go out. Eat outside or go shopping. Or do whatever you want to. Just please spend some time with me for the next five days." Irene pleaded.

Jennie looked at her for awhile. Trying to read what's on Irene's mind but all she can see is a girl who just wants to spend time with her, a girl who's scared to lose her.

Feeling guilty about how Irene is feeling, Jennie looked at Irene and nods her head before she let out a smile.

Irene felt happy and she hugged Jennie so tight to make her feel that she didn't want to let her go.

I'm sorry, Jennie. I know it's unfair for Lisa to ask you to spend some time with me while she's away but I want to hold on to those five days. Who knows, maybe these 5 five days are all I have to be with you. Who knows, that maybe when Lisa is back, you'll choose her over me. I want to make most of the time with you worth it. And I'm sorry Lisa. I know I'm being selfish but please just this once, please allow me. Irene thought. 

____________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Thank you all for your support and upvotes! This chapter's for you! 🥰