CHAPTER NINE

Nina's nose was scrunched in pure displeasure as she eyed the costume Olivia held up for her to wear

Nina's nose was scrunched in pure displeasure as she eyed the costume Olivia held up for her to wear. "Nuh uh nope. Not gonna happen." Nina deadpanned with a stoic expression taking in how much skin she'd be showing. "Awe come on Neen it's hot! Plus your the only one of us able to wear it without getting in trouble." Olivia pushed it into her arms more as Monse cringed a bit with the costume as well. They knew her dad was easing up on being strict as she seemed to spend a lot of her free time with them.

Not so much Spooky the past week although he made sure to remind her that he was taking her to get her boot off tomorrow. She agreed but still felt a bit hostile towards him for their last interaction that he never really apologized for. He also mumbled something about having a day off from school. But when she asked him to repeat it he just smirked and walked away back to his house as she stood gaping in her driveway.

"Although...... it sure would annoy Oscar seeing you in that." Monse adds intentionally as she had been telling them of all their experiences with their new found bond forming. At first Nina felt like a third wheel but now she felt things were running a lot smoother. Nina scoffs shaking head but bites her lip thinking about it, "......... Fine." Nina agrees going to try it on to make sure it even fit in the first place.

After seeing it did she ran into Ruby as she left Olivias room to start heading home. "Have you invited anyone to the Halloween shut in?" He asked with excitement until she shook her head with a small frown. "Then- it's gonna be Cesar or Jamal. Keep Cesar please? I can't have him ruining my plans with Olivia." He begs making Nina lift a brow. "Wouldn't Oscar kill him? Besides...... maybe Monse and him would be a better pair." She says it nonchalantly as Ruby nods smiling like a mad man.

"It's gonna be perfect." He practically squeals with excitement talking to himself about how things were falling into place finally. As Nina began walking home she felt watched and shook it off as the usual gang that was always out this late at night. But as her eyes looked up she froze for the smallest of seconds before stepping up her speed. The Santos home was oddly empty and quiet looking for once. But the eyes never left her. She even looked to see if Oscars Impala was at the house but- it wasn't.

She scurried inside feeling watched up until she shut the door right behind her and even then her paranoia felt on edge. So she locked the doors and windows to be safe unaware someone was watching her. He couldn't help but laugh watching her lock even the smallest of windows. His hand grabbing the flask he always carried taking a swing of it. Before coming for what he had intended to do originally, pulling his 'gift' from his pocket placing it in front of the front door once he saw no more of her pulling the curtains back every five minutes.

He knocks abruptly and a bit violently before running off and once again out of view. A dark hoodie covering his face and body as he watched the door while hiding. Nina looked out the windows wide eyed probably looking like a crazy cooped up cat lady as she peered through multiple windows multiple times before opening her front door a crack to see a small square box.