CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

As things went on time seemed to fly by as everything was at peace in Nina's life

As things went on time seemed to fly by as everything was at peace in Nina's life. Oscar and her were doing really well still they didn't say I love you but Nina felt an unknown emotion she wanted to believe was love. It filled her heart and made her feel sick whenever they were apart.

She craved him.

She longed for him in his absence.

When he was there Nina found herself flying on cloud 9 he made her laugh, he cooked with her, he even did normal things like curl up to movies. He was showing movies she'd missed out on in her childhood, things people their age wouldn't even find funny anymore.

But due to the lack in childhood Nina found them hilarious. She just couldn't stop smiling or laughing and Oscar had to watch every reaction.

Nina's shield was completely dropped.

No issues with her friends, the prophets, or Oscar and things with  her father were still strained but it was better then the abuse.

Nina was happy and at peace with it all.

Cesar and Olivia were actively dating and Nina couldn't help but cringe as the two were okay with PDA. Even around Monse and Ruby despite knowing their pasts and feelings. The one day the girl even decided to have a girls day doing nails and stuff, even makeup. Ruby showed up wearing a robe and face mask making Nina laugh so hard water sprayed out of her nose. Monse made some comment and Euby put some of the mask on her face saying she needed some for the tinkles.

Monse then tried to chase him to his room but he shut the door in her face making Nina laugh harder as Olivia went to the door laughing with Monse.

Nina still had a weird feeling around Olivia, she didn't dislike the girl but sometimes she felt like Olivia didn't like her.

Ruby let it slip once it was because she was dating Oscar and Cesar and her were dating. Cesar told her the hood and bad between their brotherly bond and she chose to focus on the bad.

Olivia found it messed up Nina as Cesar's friend could date Oscar without a worry. But Nina could say the same about Olivia dating Cesar despite his past with Monse.

Most nights Nina ate dinner with Oscar but she wanted to see her friends more and decided to eat at Ruby's. Olivia sat in Cesar's lap, Jaml stuffed his face and Ruby and Monse kept trying to avoid looking at Cesar and Olivia.

"Wait where is Mario? I was hoping to see him." Jamal complains making Nina's face scrunch. "Who's Mario?" She asks cluelessly making Jamal laugh and point at her. "Mario's Ruby's older brother- he's.... Something special." Jamal finishes making Nina nod slowly as Ruby explains how his brother went to Nevada with his new girlfriend.

"Instead of coming home?" Monse asks with surprise making the boys laugh with knowing looks.

Even the ones that were virgins had that look.