Chapter 3: Hero Analysis

It all began in KeiKei city in China with news that a bio-luminescent baby was born! After that "exceptional" individuals began popping up all over the world. The cause was unclear. Time passed and the "exceptional" became the norm. At present, 80 percent of the world population consists of superhumans with special abilities. A profession that everyone once only dreamed about entered the spotlight!

Izuku watched in awe as Kamui Woods jumped up and launched at the criminal, who threatened to break him like a toothpick.

Ayato grabbed Izuku's wrist, as well as his sister's, and dragged the two towards the front of the crowd. Ayano listened to mindless chatter and got some background information on the criminal everyone in the area was currently watching.

"Who in their right mind would go turning into a monster now of all times?" Izuku asked aloud as Ayano replied almost immediately. "Apparently, he tried to steal a purse and started rampaging when he was cornered." She explained.

"That's pretty stupid." Izuku watched as Kamui Woods landed on the top of a train shelter and shook his head.

"Illegal use of abilities during rush hour, as well as robbery and assault?" Kamui tutted as the criminal glared at him. "You are the absolute definition of evil."

"Not evil enough to call a villain though." Ayano whispered to the two boys at her side.

"At least Kamui Woods is taking care of it." Izuku breathed. "He's climbing up the ranks to be a popular young super-star too!"

"One look at the that goofy grin and I know what you are. A fanboy." An older man with three star like object coming out of his head commented.

"Why don't you can it coat rack." Ayato growled under his breath as Izuku let out a shaky laugh and brushed it off, smiling. "Don't mind him, sir." Izuku said as he elbowed Ayato in the arm.

"Your punishment," Kamui Woods started off and his arm started to shift and move, making different shapes. "Take him down tree man!" The man next to Izuku called out.

"Here it comes! His 'pre-emptive binding'..." Izuku started off.

"...Lacquered chain prison!!!" The hero shouted as the wooden chain started to get closer to the criminal and said criminal moved back unable to get away and-

"CANYON CANNON!!"

The trio's mouths went agape, along with everyone else's, as a giant woman seemed to take out a villain with just one kick to the head. She introduced herself as Mt. Lady, and the next thing they knew, people were taking photos, calling them 'money shots'.

Along with the exceptional abilities came an explosion in crime rate. While nations struggle to overhaul their legal systems, brave individuals took up the mantle of heroes straight out of comic books, protecting the people from evildoers! With public support, some quickly acquired the right to serve as heroes in an official capacity. Depending on their performance, they have the potential to earn government pay and fame and glory.

Izuku reached for his notebook in his backpack and started to jot down notes. The twins looked over both his shoulders to see the notes. "Gigantification, huh?" Ayato asked.

"It's a common and quite powerful quirk, but could the threat of public property destruction limit its use?" Izuku questioned.

"Well, depends on whether or not she can manipulate her size at will." Ayano commented.

"What you doing over there, fanboy? Taking notes?" The old man asked. "Want to be a hero too, huh?"

Izuku looked at the man and smiled. "Yes! More than anything!" He said. "I was wrong about you, coat rack!" Ayato said, making Izuku elbow him again. The three then hurried off to school, realizing they would be late if they didn't hurry.