Chapter 19: Breaking Bakugou

Katsuki marched down the hall in search of Todoroki. 'All Might hasn’t called that he has been captured yet, so he must still be fighting Bird Beak. I don’t hear any fighting though.' The search went on in vain, there was no sign of the flag, Todoroki, or the defense team. He continued to check his mic just in case Izuku gave anything away by accident. 'Although knowing him, it'd probably be on purpose.'

Izuku was a smart one, that’s for sure. He relied on analyzing and strategizing while Katsuki relied on brute strength and power. They balance each other equally and Katsuki was sure if they teamed up, they'd be unstoppable.

That is, if the nerd trusts him to do so.

That made Katsuki stop an think. It was all his fault. If he’d looked after the nerd more, then he would’ve noticed his change in attitude over the summer break when they first started elementary school. Of course, he did notice something was off, especially when he heard the teachers saying that Izuku's dad mysteriously disappeared.

'I just wish I was there for him more...'

"Bakugou! Where are you?" Katsuki’s ear piece started up, startling him out of his nostalgia. 'What but I thought-'

"Midoriya dropped my ear piece when he grabbed Tokoyami and fled. I found where they were hiding the 'flag'. Fifth floor, right in the middle."

"Probably why Deku ran off so suddenly…" Katsuki realized. Quickly putting his finger to the ear piece, he responded. "Why did they flee?"

"I found out Tokoyami is weaker to light and stronger in the dark. So I used my fire to push him back. I think I burned him, too."

'Fair enough,' Katsuki thought as he responded, "I’m on my way." As Katsuki went up the stairs, he couldn’t help but feel a sense of doubt. 'Something's not right.'

Suddenly, Izuku sprung out of a corner and Katsuki quickly turned towards him, going to grab him, when he saw Tokoyami slung over his back, not moving. Izuku froze upon seeing him and went to do a 180, but saw something out of the corner of his vision, dodged Katsuki, and ran downstairs.

'What.' Katsuki turned and made his way up the rest of stairs to find a door. "Half 'n' Half! You behind the fucking door?!"

"Yes! The 'flag' is as well!"

Katsuki slammed open the door, about to yell at him for being an idiot and letting his guard down and losing his ear piece, only to find Todoroki out cold sitting up against the wall. 'He tricked me...dammit!'

Katsuki spun around and ran after them. He checked room after room, door after door, until he ran into a pitch black room. 'Slimy son of a-'

Katsuki was cut off by something, or someone, picking him up and slamming him into a wall. He cried out in pain and went to attack when he was grabbed and pinned against the floor.

"Kacchan~"

Katsuki sat up when he was released and quickly got into a defensive position. 'God, Jesus fucking Christ, what the hell?' He spun around when he heard a noise from behind him. 'Dammit I can’t dodge!'

He was thrown across the room again but this time he let out an explosion and saw both Tokoyami and Izuku standing in front of the door.

'I am royally fucked.'

As soon as the explosion went out he was listening for any movement. But it was quiet and as soon as he thought he heard movement, he spun around to grab someone, only to find that no one was there.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"They're playing with him!" the invisible girl said as the students saw a flash of light before going out again. Then another, and another.

"Midoriya is a real thinker. That strategy of luring Bakugou somewhere where he needed to see, but is unable to use his quirk is fairly intricate," one of the girls commented, watching the black screen closely.

"Damn, this guy is good," a boy with a lightning stripe through his hair winced when they saw another burst of light, only for it to go out again.
-----------------------------------------------------------
'He’s not giving me anytime to think!'

Bakugou lit up another explosion only to see nothing in front of him. He spun around and let off a little explosion to see nothing behind him either. Quickly thinking the worst, he let out an explosion and looked up, only to see nothing once again.

'They're not even in here!' Katsuki cursed. 'Must of slipped out while I was busy looking around. Dammit!'

The speakers crackled to life, drawing Katsuki's attention.

"The defense team wins!"
-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hello, my dear misfits and freaks! I know this is LONG overdue, but I'm trying my best to come back from the dead. In the meantime, you can enjoy this chapter or go check out a new book I'm working on!

It's called 'Howls the Wolfwalker', and it's a story where Izuku Midoriya is a Wolfwalker!

Unitl next time, my dear misfits and freaks!