Chapter 18: Deku vs Kacchan

We grew up in the same neighborhood. So, Kacchan and I were childhood friends. He was the fearless type who could do anything, so he became the leader and troublemaker of our little gang. But after his quirk manifested…he started down the path towards 'bad'. People are not born equal. At the young age of four, I realized this about our society. So, I'm gonna change it.

"Hey, Half and Half bastard! Update me on the situation of the flag!"

Nothing but radio silence.

"Yeah sorry, but you won't reach him." Katsuki glared at Izuku. "He and Tokoyami are currently fighting and on the way out..." He pulled something from his pocket. It was small and circular. "I managed to nick this, too."

'Todoroki's ear piece?! That sneaky bastard!'
------------------------------------------------------------
"What’re they saying?" The spikey redhead asked as he watched Bakugou try to communicate with Todoroki, who was still out cold in another room. "These fixed cameras don't have any sound."

"They're communication through micro-transceivers! We give them to the battlers along with the building's blueprints. Also, this is capture tape!" All Might held up a small tape to show the class. "Tying this your opponent is sufficient proof of capture!"

"So," Shinso started, but stopped to find his wording. "They’ve only got 15 minutes, but the offensive team doesn’t know where the 'flag' is, right? Plus, Todoroki is out for the count."

"YES!" All Might shouted enthusiastically. It was smart of them to not tie Todoroki up with rope because then All Might can't call over the loud speakers that they've 'captured' him. Todoroki could fully well regain consciousness and continue fighting since he was out in the first 3 minutes of the fight.

"The offensive teams are at a real disadvantage, huh," The pink skin girl noted. Most of the class had to agree with that. In a real life event, they'd be at a disadvantage, and even though it is a practical, its best to treat the battle trials as legit to gain a sense of familiarity and confidence when they actually are in the field.

"It's like Aizawa told you. Say it with me!"

"Plus Ultra!" Most of the class shouted, going along with the enthusiasm.

Shinso watched the screen carefully as Midoriya and Bakugou talked, both in defensive positions. 'There’s some beef between the two, but they look as if they are trying to make amends?' It was a possibility, but they seem fairly close. He looked up at another screen to see if he can find a better angle of the fight, only to quickly look back down at the one he was watching before. 'Why does he have to look so good in tights?!'

Ayano nudged her brother to get his attention, then pointed to a flustered-looking Shinso. They both snickered and giggled in amusement.

"Ah, Monsieur Bakugou is…!" A French blond gasped in alarm. The rest of the class looked up in surprise as Bakugou let of an explosion from behind and launched forward using his legs.
------------------------------------------------------------
Katsuki blasted forward with a measly explosion; one he wasn’t proud of since his legs were in front and his arms propelling him towards Izuku. 'Oh this is going to hurt.' Izuku quickly raised his arms to block a kick to the head and grabbed out the capturing tape for a counter attack, wrapping it around Katsuki’s leg.

'The capture tape!' Katsuki swung his right hook to burn and break the tape, freeing himself. He coughed a few times as the capture tape started filling the room with smoke. When he opened his eyes, he realized Izuku was nowhere in sight once again.

'Dammit! Where is he?!' Katsuki tried to look through the smoke to see if he could find any sign of the greenette, which was difficult on its own. He quickly spun around when he heard the sound of faint humming.

'Found you!'

Letting of a few more explosions towards the humming, he shot forward to grab Izuku, expecting him to be right there, only to find nothing. Katsuki whipped his head around a few times, but quickly stood still. He watched the smoke as it bellowed and waved about. The greenette slipped away, and the horrible stench of burning tape still lingered in the air.

'Looks like the nerd's getting better at stealth.'
------------------------------------------------------------
"Woah! He just disappeared!" Uraraka sat up straight in surprise and confusion. "He must of ran when the smoke covered him!" As the rest of the students looked about on the screens, trying to spot Midoriya, Shinso was theorising.

Shinso frowned. 'No. He was definitely there, you could see his shape through the smoke. There's no way he could have just disappeared like that, right?' He watched the cameras carefully, looking for a clue as to where Midoriya disappeared off to.

There was no sign of him anywhere. Shinso's eyes darted towards one of the cameras when he saw movement. Then there was nothing.

"Wait! There he is!" The invisible girl shouted and pointed her glove towards one of the top screens. Izuku had suddenly appeared from around the corner running away and back towards Tokoyami. 'No way!' Shinso thought. 'He wasn’t on any of the other cameras! There’s no way he ran from Bakugou whilst being in the cameras blind spots... right? And his movements can't be random; these kinds of moves are planned throughly.' Shinso scrunched up his eyebrows in confusion. Something wasn't right.

"He’s amazing! Going toe-to-toe without using his quirk!"

"Bakugou’s not bad too! Going against the top scorer of the entrance exam!"

All Might watched the screen in curiosity. 'He used stealth just like how he and the twins did after saving Bakugou from the sludge villain. From the very start, he has excelled at making split second decisions! All that info the kid has been recording over the years, he's practically memorized it!'
------------------------------------------------------------
Izuku let out a sigh of relief when he saw Tokoyami still standing guard of the door. "He hasn’t moved?"

Tokoyami shook his head in confirmation. "No, Dark Shadow has been watching him closely and reporting back to me about his condition."

"Cool, how much longer have we got?" Izuku asked as he walked further into the room.

"I’d possibly say around 7 minutes, maybe less." Tokoyami supplied as he marked off another minute into the ice with a knife that Izuku had given him. "So, are we up to Phase 4 now?"

"Yep. Phase 4: Polly want a Cracker?"
------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE I'M NOT DEAD!!! But seriously, this chapter is long overdue and I apologize for that. But while I'm making the next chapter, have this one in the meantime!