Chapter 12: Starting Line

Izuku watched as the faux villain rounded the corner onto their street. The 'BANG' being the building that had been destroyed by the bot's arm. If they didn’t get the girl out from before, she would’ve died. Izuku gritted his teeth. Does UA not realize that they could die while taking the exam?

"Shinso, Ayano! Get her out of here!" Izuku yelled. "What are you gonna do?" Ayano yelled back.

"I’m going to try and stop that thing!" Izuku went to step forward when his arm was grabbed by Shinso.

"Look, uh," Shinso stuttered and looked away, a small blush highlighting his cheeks. "Stay safe? I only just got to know you, and I don’t want my future classmate to die before we get into the hero course, alright?"

Izuku smiled and nodded. "I’ll keep that promise." As Shinso and Ayano hurried away with the nice girl, he knew it was safe.

He sprinted forward towards the faux villain. Suddenly, he felt an overwhelming power encase his body, so he looked at the top of the faux villain and he jumped. Landing just beside the neck of the bot, he grabbed the cables powering it and tore it apart.

When the bot tipped over with him on it, he jumped, aiming for a nearby building only to be hit away from his target by one of the falling arms. 'Oh, okay, ow.' Izuku looked around before halting his thoughts at his noodle-like limbs. 'What.' Then he was hit with pain. 'Oh shit! That’s gonna hurt in the morning!'

Izuku looked down and saw concrete coming fast. Izuku winced. 'This is gonna hurt!'

But instead of going splat like a falling ice cream scoop, he got slapped in the face and was levitating above the ground. He blinked once, twice, before being dropped to the floor. He heard the sound of vomiting and, "Oh shit! Are you okay?" before blacking out.
------------------------------------------------------------
"That guy, what was that?"

"He jumped right at that gimmick."

"He must have a strength enhancing quirk."

"But with a quirk like that…did you see him in the auditorium? How’d he become such a scaredy-cat? Maybe it was an act? You know, to throw us all off?"

Four Eyes watched from the side line. 'That’s not it! Weren’t they even watching? He jumped in to save that boy and those girls! The remaining time…his own safety…what he needed to pass…there was a lot to consider. But he didn’t hesitate, not at all! I mean sure, if this wasn’t an exam I would have done the same!' Four eyes paused at that. 'The exam…of course!'

"Yes well done! Well done, good work! Haribo candy for everyone!" An old lady walked up between examinees handing out sweets. "That mademoiselle…she’s the backbone of U.A.!" A French kid pointed out as she walked over to the injured boy.

"Midoriya!" Shinso yelled as he and Ayano ran forward towards Izuku, who was on the ground, and beginning to wake up. "Oh my God." Shinso winced. "That doesn't look pretty."

"How do you feel, Izuku?" Ayano asked, trying to keep herself from not getting sick due to the way Izuku's limbs looked. Izuku only let out a groan in response.

"So your own beloved quirk did this to you…almost as though…your body isn’t used to it." She frowned, but gave him a kiss on the head. Once she did, Izuku's wounds began to heal quickly.

"Her quirk is a super healing factor. It’s in large part thanks to her presence that U.A. dares to host such wild exams." The French kid explained. "See? She's saving him months of recovery time!"

"This one will be fine." Recovery Girl reassured Shinso as she got up. "Any more hurt children?"

'If the exam is really set up that way…then he-' Four Eyes gritted his teeth together.
------------------------------------------------------------
(One week later)